Caution!! Some twisted people out there!

mikee1979
mikee1979 Posts: 151
edited April 2010 in MTB general
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/8622670.stm

Can't believe people would do this, keep your eyes out if your round that area.

Comments

• Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    You get some strange folk but they must have had a problem
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    It's my greatest fear and the one thing that might stop me cycling. Also the fact that this was in the North Downs confirms to me that Kent is derived from a corruption of the word "Cu.nts" describing the native inhabitants. :evil:
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Could also be kids who have not even considered the seriousness of their actions.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Daz555 wrote:
    Could also be kids who have not even considered the seriousness of their actions.

Yep, I'd go for thick, bored kids with nothing else to do over the easter holidays.

Or somebody with a thing against Rambers. Didn't say whose head they were trying to get did they?
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    I saw this on The Simpsons once.
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    Or somebody with a thing against Rambers. Didn't say whose head they were trying to get did they?

Ramblers? I know of a couple of cases from a while ago that had strong suggestions that ramblers were the ones who where doing this, aimed at both horse riders, bikers and legal trail motorbikers!!
  • boneyjoe
    boneyjoe Posts: 369
    Porgy wrote:
    It's my greatest fear and the one thing that might stop me cycling. Also the fact that this was in the North Downs confirms to me that Kent is derived from a corruption of the word "Cu.nts" describing the native inhabitants. :evil:

Just one slight problem - this was in Surrey!
    Scott Scale 20 (for xc racing)
    Gary Fisher HKEK (for commuting)
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    boneyjoe wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Just one slight problem - this was in Surrey!

Wonder what people from Kent were doing down in Surrey then?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Don't worry people, it is simply Times readers following Matthew Parris's advice

What's smug and deserves to be decapitated
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    phoebian wrote:
    I saw this on The Simpsons once.
    +1
    :lol:
    it was for a car though :wink:
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    they say it could have seriously injured an animal? and it was at head height? thats one massive animal then! :shock:
  • alfablue
    jadamson wrote:
    they say it could have seriously injured an animal? and it was at head height? thats one massive animal then! :shock:
    by animal they mean a cyclist.
  • KevUK
    KevUK Posts: 111
    We had this happen in our local woods 2-3 years ago, luckily the kid (around 13) wasnt going fast enough to cause decapitation but it did leave a nasty 3" gash in his neck...The strange thing is even a total idiot would know what it can do to someone riding into it and as such if they are EVER found should be charged with attempted murder, but with this countrys law probably a 12 month suspended sentence and a small fine :(.
  • alfablue
    And Matthew Parris should have been charged for incitement to murder!
  • Urgh, would rather not know about this because now the paranoia is going to get me. Going to have to redesign my helmet to fit a chainsaw going from my forehead to chest just in case.
  • KevUK
    KevUK Posts: 111
    Urgh, would rather not know about this because now the paranoia is going to get me. Going to have to redesign my helmet to fit a chainsaw going from my forehead to chest just in case.

Haha thats brilliant thinking, made me laugh and i scared the dog half to death lol.
  • V5ade
    V5ade Posts: 192
    It was me that found this and reported it to the Surrey wildlife trust at Newlands Corner. The lady from SWT contacted the Police, and within an hour they called me to find the exact location. They sent a dog handler up there who found the wire and tape. I was really impressed with the responce. I ride that route most days, and other than the occasional log placed accross the bridleway I've never seen anything malicious like that. By the way, the Police don't think it was kids......
    Last night while I was riding there was a Police chopper circling the area at quite a low level!
    Somewhere in the Surrey Hills :-)
  • alfablue
    Good work V5! It is worth reporting all such incidents. And it sounds like a good response from the Police, so credit to them.
  • V5ade
    alfablue wrote:
    Good work V5! It is worth reporting all such incidents. And it sounds like a good response from the Police, so credit to them.
    The Police were very quick to respond, and also very friendly. PC Sharpe also told me that he rides on the North Downs way on his Police issue mountain bike.
  • fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    :shock: i'm going through that area tomorrow, this is awful!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    alfablue wrote:
    Don't worry people, it is simply Times readers following Matthew Parris's advice

What's smug and deserves to be decapitated

:evil: what a cnut.... does he think all cyclist are bad?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    bobcheese wrote:
    :shock:
    I used to be a regular in Haigh Hall, might knock that one off the list of places to go back to.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • V5ade
    fredy wrote:
    :shock: i'm going through that area tomorrow, this is awful!
    It's sorted now, unless the knuckle draggers return to set up their traps again.......
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    alfablue wrote:
    And Matthew Parris should have been charged for incitement to murder!

An utter dick.

Which serious riders use cans of Red Bull/Gatorade etc in their bottle holder?

Anyone?......

Chavs lobbing them from cars is the most likely answer....
  • mikee1979
    Matthew Paris wtf... I thought people who would write for the Times would have some common sense! What a cock.

Fair enough having a go at people who drop litter which does disgust me as well, but decapitating all cyclists is, lets say over the top.

Why do people have such animosity against cyclists!
  • mikee1979
    Ha, I love the automatic swear word translation when posting. Trust me I did'nt use the word fool!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wow, never thought of trying this before!

Oh i mean, it's a horrible thing to do and shouldn't be done again.
  • Phonk7
    Phonk7 Posts: 178
    Wow thats really scared me, do alot of riding in woods would be so easy to string some fishing line up and bye bye me (or my mate whoever's in front!). Its really sick
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    mikee1979 wrote:
    Matthew Paris wtf... I thought people who would write for the Times would have some common sense! What a fool.

Fair enough having a go at people who drop litter which does disgust me as well, but decapitating all cyclists is, lets say over the top.

Why do people have such animosity against cyclists!

What I find funny is he automatically thinks that its cyclists that are dropping the litter etc.

Whos to say xc runners or even walkers hadn't dropped it.

Grade A retard.