how to get from Scotland to Mega Avalanche?

lochussie
lochussie Posts: 276
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Anyone found better option than fly Edinburgh to Geneva? How are you getting from Geneva to the resort? Alternatively, anyone from UK want to share the drive? Is it easy enough to park there?

Cheers

Comments

• v23
    v23 Posts: 217
    Parking in France is very difficult. Not many spaces.
  • lochussie
    One other question. I've not entered yet and so would get a crap starting place. Not too bothered where I finish, but if you start on the back row are you just going to be pissed off all the way down with being stuck behind others? Or is it good fun whatever?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I'd fly to Lyon for the Mega - GVA is a little far off from Ad'H

As for geting up the hill car hire is one option but transfer services run most of the year especially to big biking areas - book early to avoid disappointment and mention you have a bike with you!

As for the race itself - you have a qualifier which either puts you in the race proper with grid position determined by your time or the non competitive event with grid place again decided by your qualifier. Or so I understand - not done it myself.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • lochussie
    Thanks guys. Any pointers to transfer services from Lyon or Geneva? All I can find are very expensive private things. Can't find a summer equivalent of a ski bus.