Vaughters and Tour selection policy

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/vau ... ion-policy

Worth a read - He doesn't give too much away but gives enough away :wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's a good read and for once cyclingnews.com gets some original content rather than google translating and pasting something from a foreign news site (yes, they often seem to do this)

I'm with Vaughters here, he is a sensible voice here and there's little to criticise. You will always upset some teams, I mean even I would like to ride the Tour but someone has to draw the line!

The UCI Pro Tour was a good idea but one implemented by block heads, the UCI seemed to be selling licences to sponsors on the basis that they'd ride a defined calendar, only the likes of RCS and ASO rejected the concept. Longer term everyone needs to get together and agree a format here.
  • Seems to have disappeared.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/q-a ... ion-policy

They seem to be renaming links which is a bit annoying.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Ta.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I'm warming to Vaughters.
    Very sensible stuff.
    Personally, I don't agree with ASO's selection policy at all.
    ProTour or not, certain boxes should be ticked in order to quality.
    Not having your team leader part-suspended for doping offences should certainly be one of 'em!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I'm warming to Vaughters.
    Very sensible stuff.
    Personally, I don't agree with ASO's selection policy at all.
    ProTour or not, certain boxes should be ticked in order to quality.
    Not having your team leader part-suspended for doping offences should certainly be one of 'em!
    There is an old contract that is legally binding and so it's not ASO's choice right now. I'm not sure about all of Caisse but ASO would love to leave Lampre out and bring in Saur-Sojasun.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    I don't think they want Footon-Servetto either, they've not been invited to Paris-Roubaix, Fleche Wallone or Liege-Bastogne-Liege, all races run by ASO.