Please find me the weight of this bike Trek 4500

abarth_1200
abarth_1200 Posts: 370
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Hi everyone I am having a hard time deciding between the above mentioned Trek and the Spesh Hardrock Pro Disc.

I have not really been riding a lot since I got my driving license 3 years ago but I am getting an itch again to get out and about so its time to get mysefl an early bday present.

The reason I have narrowed it down to these 2 is my budget and more importantly my lbs stocks these and only these 2 brands, I would like to keep a good record with them so I can return for upgrades and warrenty etc.

I have had 2 Treks to my name and they were both great bikes maybe a little heavy and soft I dunno how but they were, but I have heard a lot of good reviews about Spesh bikes and I read somewhere that they are lighter at 12.52kg.

So does anybody have a link or something to help me find the Trek specs. Treks own website doesnt even have it.

Thanks everyone for reading

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Many manufacturers don't list weight, but I'd guess over 30lbs.

The Spesh is the better bike - but their are other good options too at this price.
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    I would rather have it bought from my lbs this way I get a free service and the staff would more likely take good care of a returning customer, plus how would I ever get a chance to sit on a Cube or a Ghost before buying when I can only find them online??

Anybody have a secret link to weights? :wink: