In the meantime in Turkey - SPOILER

2»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Today's stage reaches the race's roof.

stage5.gif

That's a big decent!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    100kms still to go. Headwind and the big cat 1 climb coming up.
    Lead group has 4 minutes.
    http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports
  • Absolutely brilliant finsh to the stage, Colombia, Colnago and ISD helped bring the gap down by four minute in about 30k and caught the leaders with about 600 m left. Kern kicked again with Visconti in his wheel but Greipel tracked them down for the win. Paris Nice style racing, absolutely top quality.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    whole tour has been hard on the pro teams..entertaining
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    It has once again been a great success. Shows you don't need a lot of big names to get good racing. Only one dull stage. I've really enjoyed it and today's finish was a blast!
  • mididoctors
    It has once again been a great success. Shows you don't need a lot of big names to get good racing. Only one dull stage. I've really enjoyed it and today's finish was a blast!

also shows that having uber teams that can ride tempo for weeks at an end and control the race can make for pretty boring racing...

none of those teams including HTC can shut the racing down
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Been superb racing the last few days.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Blimey, Columbia's lead out malfunctioned a bit there. Redolent of Bouygues Telecom's effort in the TTT at the Tour last year!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Way too fast going into that corner. Was convinced there be some serious injuries but looks like everyone got up ok bar a few bumps and bruises.
  • mididoctors
    looks like someone dog legged the barriers at the exit of the corner... not clear from the overhead?
  • DaveyL
    edited April 2010
    I think the lead rider (Grabsch?) had a back wheel slide then seemed to lock the front up and "endo-ed" into the barriers - sent lots of other riders into the barriers or onto the deck.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mididoctors
    4527871419_f23155a300.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Some slower footage. Looked like a very impressive crash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csp6uEt6RgE

Edit, I see the first video posted also has the slow mo

I wonder if any of the spectators were hurt...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    Some slower footage. Looked like a very impressive crash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csp6uEt6RgE

that seems to show the barriers are themselves thrown into the dogleg by the crash rather than vice versa
  • frenchfighter
    ??? Anyone know what's up with Visconti

13298_670908217415_2410338_38207140_6625179_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ??? Anyone know what's up with Visconti

13298_670908217415_2410338_38207140_6625179_n.jpg

Felt the liquigas rider forced Visconti into the barriers.
  • frenchfighter
    Just read that there was an oil slick which was covered by synthetic dust...off pez, so not sure if he is having a laugh or whether that's truth
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    After seeing all that world class talent, full of national jersies in Amstel Gold, this Turkey stage seems a little flat.
  • frenchfighter
    Well Amstel is a huge classic and this is a one week stage race which actually was more exciting then epxected.

Griepel takes today's stage and Visconti the overall.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    23814385418168429536488.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'd heard that Speedway had restarted in Cradley Heath. I didn't realise that they were on such a tight budget for motorcycles though.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition