How many bikes on Mondeo roof bars?

Hadaka
Hadaka Posts: 68
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I am about to buy some roof bars and Thule 591's will I be able to fit 3 bikes across on a Mondeo or only 2?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

Dave

[Admin] topic edited as it is rather car specific.[/Admin]

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    3 easily

I can do 3 on a Seat Ibiza (2 bikes facing forward, 1 rearward)
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    You could get 4 potentially, just alternate the bikes front and rear, it'd squeeze on.

The only thing you'd need to worry about is the total weight of the bikes, so long as they arnt all big heavy AM or DH bikes you'll be fine ;)
  • Hadaka
    Great, thanks guy's :D
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    4 EASY !!

Front to Back, Front to Back and if you really need to stager the racks ont he bars.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    I'd say 3 mountain bikes, probably 4 road bikes. I've a Ford Focus estate and it's only slightly smaller then a Mondeo. Mind you, 2 downhill bikes would probably be the max if it's them you're carrying due to extra weight and bulk.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    You guys need to learn how to load a roof rack !!

I've had 3 MTB's and 2 kayaks on the roof of my old astra estate for a trip to the Alps.

It depends on your bike racks but 4 should be easy on a mondeo (as long as it's not a Ford roof rack - they are short)
  • Hadaka
    warrerj wrote:
    You guys need to learn how to load a roof rack !!

I've had 3 MTB's and 2 kayaks on the roof of my old astra estate for a trip to the Alps.

It depends on your bike racks but 4 should be easy on a mondeo (as long as it's not a Ford roof rack - they are short)

I am going to get Thule or whipbar roof bars, I was hoping to get the ones that are capped at the ends but I know you can get the bars that run through a little more.

I will be carrying a specialized enduro, hardrock and the wifes bike now and then.

Dave
    Ps won't be making any reply's now until Tuesday as I am off to Snowdon for a few days :)