Five Ten shoes - wide fit?

hard-rider
hard-rider Posts: 460
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone tell me if the Five Ten shoes are generally a wide fit? I'm interested in either the Freerider or the Impact Karver specifically.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I wouldn't say they are a wide fitting as they are not made to a British last.

I wear a size 9 though I'm an 8.5 because I can't stand not having plenty of room in footwear.

As the 5.10's are pretty huggy, they do not slop around even if they're not done up tight.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    OP do you have wide feet?

I just use the same size as i normally get. and have normallish feet.

but mine are the original 5:10s
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    I have wide feet and wear size 10 shoes or trainers and have size 10 Karvers. Width is fine as I you just don't pull laces tight. I tried them at Evans (impacts) and then purchased Karvers from Stif Performance Cycles.
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    nicklouse wrote:
    OP do you have wide feet?

I just use the same size as i normally get. and have normallish feet.

but mine are the original 5:10s
    Yes I have wide feet. In length my foot would normally measure as a 9.5 but need to wear size 10s (size 44-45) to get more width. I really need the width at the toe area. I can't wear most trainers as they are too narrow as they taper too much at the toe area and pinch or crunch my small toes. I also have quite a high arch but that's not usually a problem with lace up shoes.

I'm visiting the UK for a few days but cannot find any LBSs who stock FiveTens near me. I'm staying in Kent around Meopham.