orange patroit might be buying need advise please........

kitesurfer73
kitesurfer73 Posts: 15
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Might be able to get my hands on a patriot dont know wat year,maybe 05/06 not that in the know with mtb's really,
not in great nick will need a fox shock or which everone is suitable for the bike help needed on that as well??
needs brakes looking at as well,i know myself that the frames alone go for 200+ and am thinking ov getting it to use for a year or two, then maybe sell or split....

Here is the best bit reckon i can get it for under a 100.00 so guys and gurls should i buy and fix up or buy and sell?????mark

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    £100? Sure it's not been nicked?
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    If you don;'t take it I will :D
    Check the frame for cracks and if bits are seized in the frame. If it hasn't been stolen go for it.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • guys just not in know when it comes mtb and is deffo not stolen well hope not...

i well need to spend on how much is it worth then....??
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Might be able to get my hands on a patriot dont know wat year,maybe 05/06 not that in the know with mtb's really,

This may be a silly question...you say your not in the know with MTB's....so is a patriot what your really after ??? I guess you want to do more downhill or freeride ??? as it will be a waste of time for cross country or all mountain use no matter how much of a bargain it is !

If you still think it's for you check everything, frame, bearings all the components as again it may seem like a bargain but if you have to spend lots and yep nothing is cheap to build a decent bike it may turn out to be a complete headache !
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !