Your Dream Bike - Whats Holding You back?

2»

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    If you must know, I borrowed a bit off them, as I had to build it up in a hurry (had a holiday booked, and my current bike had just been nicked). After the holiday, I paid them back.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Whats holding you back?
    Sense of responsibilty - putting a true value on something. Yes blowing 5k on a bike would be great but I'd never get my money's worth out of it so would just feel it was a waste of my hard-earned. There are so many other cool things to spend money on than just bikes.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • RealMan
    Daz555 wrote:
    There are so many other cool things to spend money on than just bikes.

Blasphemy! What other things? :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Northwind wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    just matter of saving enough to build one as i'm 14l

You know what I had when I was 14? FEET. And not even dream feet at that, just regular ones. ****ing kids :lol:

(just kidding!)
    :lol:
    i wouldn't call my self rich tbh. there are people in my school who a richer but they spend t on clothes, gaesand sweets
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    i spend too much on beer, food and nights out to afford my dream bike; a zesty 514 or 714. having said this if i hadnt have bought all the new stuff for my maxlight i could have had a 514 by now :(

im also at college so that is the only thing stopping me from working full time, but my gap year should solve that, so it looks like a 2011 714 could be on my doorstep by december 8)
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    My dream bike for my type of riding is an Orange 5. Yeah, there's more expensive bikes out there, but I don't think I'd get any better performance for what I'm doing.

I was looking at getting one for a year until my girlfriend suprised me with a birthday present. So, I actually do ride my dream bike.
    Craig Rogers
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    RealMan wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:
    There are so many other cool things to spend money on than just bikes.

Blasphemy! What other things? :D

cookers and hoke :wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Nothing! I built my dream hardtail... see sig. I would like an Orange 5, but cant see myself using it enough, so havent bought one.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Lapierre DH 920. Can't afford it.

And a Saracen Ariel 3 for more AMy stuff. Can't afford it.

Yay! :lol::cry:
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    A DH bike as what I'm still undecided most likely a Cove Shocker and what's stopping me is the sale of my CBR 600 f-s 1 to fund it

So does anyone want to buy a motorbike then?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    for a long time my dream bike was a mojo cause they look so good, but at the moment, im not lusting after anything, maybe because i really like my current pair of specializeds.

so whats holding me back from my dream bike? nowt, i think i have them.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    My dream bike:
    A custom hardtail weighting 14kg or less with plenty of strenght, and two colour components.
    Like this one.

What's holding me back?
    Money. :(
  • RealMan
    What is that? A jump bike or an XC bike?
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    Possibly bought my dream bike today, although I can't really confirm that until tomorrow morning.

If I dream about a different bike tonight, I'll know I've got to start saving all over again......
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    I'm quite looking forward to building up the 456 i have just acquired, with a new wheel set and some other bits and pieces. I'm not looking forwrd to breaking my current tho. :|
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    Dream bike - My current one

What held me back for 15 years

School, college, Uni, Uni derived drinking debts, wedding, house. Now thats all over all the excess income is for bikes :D - ...time to start looking for the next one :wink:
  • Mine . . .
    A trek remedy 9.9 ! £5000, maybe a lucky lottery ticket may be in order
    my fuel ex will just have to do 8)
    Scott Reflex 20
    Trek Fuel EX 8 2010

Work hard . . . . Play hard !
  • Mine.....My 456 exactly as it is right now, but with the carbon Frame.

On-one, hurry up and release it already!
  • I'd love a Carbon Mojo, but to be honest, my Orange 5 SE does everything I ask of it! And I can't justify spending another £3k plus!

(i would also love a Cannondale Flash, but they're £7k!!!!!)
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    *AL* wrote:
    Possibly bought my dream bike today, although I can't really confirm that until tomorrow morning.

If I dream about a different bike tonight, I'll know I've got to start saving all over again......

Hope, it's been 2 nights and I'm still dreaming about the Epic.

Job done.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    My current dream bike is a Giant Anthem X1.Only thing stopping me getting one is a spare £2750................................

Actually I have 3 dream bikes,the Anthem,a Cotic Soul,and a Giant TCR road bike.

Even if I could afford it not sure I could justify it,given how little I am riding mountain bikes at the moment.Currently training for my first triathlon so trying to cram a swim or 2,a couple of runs and a ride on the bike ride,into my weekday evenings and tending to the needs of 3 young kids,is a problem................
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    Santacruz BLT2. Only thing holding me back is that I don't have anywhere safe to keep a really good bike. My Stumpy is locked in a communal bike shed as it is. And I'm buying another circa £1000 quid bike to stick in their with it. Need to buy some more locks.

Intend to move house after my wedding next year, at which point I will probably have too much of a mortgage. But I'll find a way.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Not knowing which bike i would class as my super bike. Then looking at a circa 4k bit of kit, and thinking that my bike is more than capable of the riding i do, why would i want a better bike!

But it's probs be a Anthem X1, or a Commencal Super 4 carbon. Nom!

Oh and 3 weeks till my son is born! :lol:
  • oxnop
    oxnop Posts: 32
    I've built all my dream bikes over the past 18 mts - i'm left with just 1 - the Blur LTc

3713721818_a4755fc18e_o.jpg

4225756782_5ae62fa690_o.jpg

4322750995_49a14c7df5_o.jpg

4513567669_14c75c81e7_b.jpg

All the bikes were nice - but the blur blows them all away (even the mojo SL)
  • dogboy73
    dogboy73 Posts: 440
    Probably a Lapierre Zesty or an Orange Five Pro. Both are around £2,500 & that's just a tad on the expensive side for me. So as with most people I'm sure money is what stopped me getting one of these bikes.

On the other hand since starting my rebuild I've lost interest in buying a new bike altogether. So another thing holding me back is the fact that a two and a half grand bike still goes wrong, needs maintaining & costs more money over time. I feel like I'm getting more out of rebuilding my old bike than I would from buying a new one. I'm learning a lot doing things this way. I think spending £2,500 on a Zesty or Five Pro would be all well and good until things start going wrong & need costly trips to the LBS.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Dream bike would be a Stumpy HT Marathon.

However it wouldn't last very long and my own alu Stumpy is now very near perfect - for me.

An S Works Epic wouldn't go amiss either.

I have no use for big burly DH bikes.