2011 bikes

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Started already! I have spied a new 29er from Giant:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/es-US/bik ... 966/43133/

And the new Alivio 9 speed stuff should be cropping up on budget bikes (and I also imagine quite a few expensive ones who can't squeeze in the new 10 speed stuff).

Comments

• SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    It will be interesting to see if the cost comes down / spec goes up for next years bikes.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    SDK2007 wrote:
    It will be interesting to see if the cost comes down / spec goes up for next years bikes.

yer i was thinkin this the other day. the price of bikes has rocketed in the past two years, upto £800 in the higher end of the market, but i think we could see prices drop from some manufacturers, and stay the same for others. i really cant see the industry risking putting more money on bikes as it is likely it could backfire massively imo. better to sell lots of slightly cheaper bikes than a few slightly more expensive ones. imo most bikes are so well sorted now that its coming down to which is cheapest you buy for alot of people, but on the other hand a few of the bike tarts on here will disagree me :wink: personally im not too bothered about value, as long as it isnt stupidly expensive and comes with good kit imo its a good buy. im currently working in a bike shop, so get a nice little discount so i probably wont notice too much difference either court the ball lands in, but its gonna be really interesting to see which way the prices go.

i think ten speed is gonna be huge next year and i think most am/xc bikes will have some form of tapered steerer and bolt through axle fork or rear end. all in all im really looking forward to next years bikes, although ive already made my mind up as to what my next bike will be 8)