An SPD question....

Valy
Valy Posts: 1,321
edited April 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
I got SPDs this easter holidays and all is well appart from the left pedal allowing some vertical movement when clipped in. The right one is fine and only moves sideways. I have tried different tensions as well as trying otu a different cleat position (which was done in the shop today) and while the latter did seem to imprve things, there was still a bit of movement.

I went to the shop today and no one really had an answer appart from maybe making the cleats more straight as mine are turned on about the same amount on each shoe, but the guy in the shop said it was more than he is used to seeing. In the end we worked out a "let's see what heppens next" thing.

The cleats and the pedals look alright visually - I've done about 100kms in them so far. so wear should be low and stuff.

The question is - does this ring any bells with anyone?

(the cleats themselves seem to be reasonably tight - and the positions is roughly similar on both shoes as well as the tensions.

Comments

• rbrstr
    rbrstr Posts: 64
    my wifes cheap 30 quid time pedals do this, without wanting to be rude are yours cheapish spd's? a little float is desirable as it allows your knee's to go thru their natural cycle,but i know vertical slop can be irritating
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    rbrstr wrote:
    my wifes cheap 30 quid time pedals do this, without wanting to be rude are yours cheapish spd's? a little float is desirable as it allows your knee's to go thru their natural cycle,but i know vertical slop can be irritating

They are probably the same ones - M520s. I got them for £18 though, so your wife's might be different. Dono.