Oi! You! Lurker!....That's right you! Hiding over there!

1235»

Comments

• Jumblejug
    Jumblejug Posts: 2
    Hey all!

I've been a lurker for ages :D

Desperately trying to save for a Rock Lobster at the moment, my Saracen D-Tox 2000 just doesn't cut it anymore
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    sasha84 wrote:
    I'm Sasha, bike-commuting New Yorker. I don't have a car so my bike takes me out of the city on weekends. Don't know what I'd do without it.

I'm a Yank, obviously, but my parents are moving to Newcastle next year and I'm trying to track down some good bike info for my bike-mad dad. So get ready for lots of questions from a clueless American... :D

A coast to coast trip might be in oder if you're in Newcastle... Along Hadrian's wall, built to keep the pesky Picts from raiding Northern England.

It could be the other Newcastle (Sasha, you better make sure :wink: ) in which case, it would be a Potteries tour :)

Am American in Newcastle... you're going to need a translator :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    sasha84 wrote:
    I'm Sasha, bike-commuting New Yorker. I don't have a car so my bike takes me out of the city on weekends. Don't know what I'd do without it.

I'm a Yank, obviously, but my parents are moving to Newcastle next year and I'm trying to track down some good bike info for my bike-mad dad. So get ready for lots of questions from a clueless American... :D

A coast to coast trip might be in oder if you're in Newcastle... Along Hadrian's wall, built to keep the pesky Picts from raiding Northern England.

It could be the other Newcastle (Sasha, you better make sure :wink: ) in which case, it would be a Potteries tour :)

Hadaway yeam cheeky bairn.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941

Or the other Newcastle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle,_County_Down

You may still need a translator though!

And you will definitely need gears
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rrice
    rrice Posts: 23
    Been lurking a while.

Commuting at least a couple of times a week from Ascot to Reading (16 miles e/w). Love every minute of it but no shower facilities in our office at the moment.

I have a terrible bike habit:

Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (2003) - too unfit to get the most out of this ultra-light beasty!
    Cannondale Rush 2 (2008) - just eats up the muddy miles
    Specialized S-Works Enduro (2008) - just an amazing machine in my humble opinion
    Kona Explosif (2000) - winter commuter
    Litespeed Vela - summer commuter
    Carrera something or other fixed to the turbo trainer!!

Doing the C2C ride in a couple of weeks - can't wait.
    S-Works Enduro
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000
    Cannondale Rush 2
    Kona Explosif
    Mythic Morphine
    Giant Defy Advanced
    Carrera TDF
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    *bump*
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Hands TWH some asprin.

Gonna have a lovely bump in the morning!