This week I learnt ...

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    @ Moonio and Cafewanda - stop it both of you - he doesn't need any encouragement :wink:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    @ Moonio and Cafewanda - stop it both of you - he doesn't need any encouragement :wink:

They've not seen me.... this is obvious..... :oops:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Training without regular rest days is actually bad for you, rest makes you stronger.

Men of a certain age need to stretch after exercise - booooo!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    ...... don't leave your mini pump at work :x
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802

Thats the whole point!!! :wink:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788

Dammit KB couldn't you let an old woman dream? :roll:
  • Cafewanda
    itboffin wrote:
    Training without regular rest days is actually bad for you, rest makes you stronger.

Men of a certain age need to stretch after exercise - booooo!

Ditto for women of a certain age too :(
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    fossyant wrote:
    If you see glass, stick your hand on the tyre whilst moving....takes practice and don't put your hand anywhere near where if might be dragged under the brakes...... :shock:

A clean bike is also faster......

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

:shock:

This is borderline insanity.
  • Cafewanda
    Big guys wearing lycra shorts should really check said lycra is the equivalent thickness of 60 denier tights. Lycra so thin as to be transparent is not a good look on a big guy. Trust me on that!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Big guys wearing lycra shorts should really check said lycra is the equivalent thickness of 60 denier tights. Lycra so thin as to be transparent is not a good look on a big guy. Trust me on that!

I would go further.....

all people should look in the mirror before they leave the house. if they laugh, cry, shudder or grimace....then a change of clothes is in order.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Cafewanda wrote:

Dammit KB couldn't you let an old woman dream? :roll:

better to be let down gently than face years of rehabilitation afterwards....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Kieran_Burns
    edited May 2010
    .... double post
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Kieran_Burns
    cee wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

I would go further.....

all people should look in the mirror before they leave the house. if they laugh, cry, shudder or grimace....then a change of clothes is in order.

Screaming? How about screaming?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Cafewanda
    :lol::lol: @ KB
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    .............be carefull when typing "shuts"
    one slip of a finger.............
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Outdoors is vastly overrated anyway :wink:
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    That cyclists who over take me then slow down make good wind breaks...
  • itboffin
    Campag groupset with Shimano rear wheel and cassette works perfectly

Wearing knee straps is so much more comfortable :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Keeping all your keys together is so much more fun when you loose them.

I can play a rudimentary tune with my clicking shoulder

Late night taxis out in the sticks are super expensive, it would have been cheaper to hire a private jet.

After weeks of high mileage cycling comes pain of the tight muscle kind, all over.

ouch!
  • itboffin
    Not covering spagbol when reheating in the microwave makes one hell of a mess, mrs itboffin is not going to be happy :?

I know I'll distract her attention by using as many plates, pots pans and cups as possible then leave then all just near and around but not in the dishwasher, she loves that game. :wink:

:roll:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    itboffin wrote:
    I'll distract her attention by using as many plates, pots pans and cups as possible then leave then all just near and around but not in the dishwasher, she loves that game. :wink:

Try rolling your sweaty cycling socks in a ball and throwing them in the general direction of the laundry basket.

Women love that.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    I'll distract her attention by using as many plates, pots pans and cups as possible then leave then all just near and around but not in the dishwasher, she loves that game. :wink:

Try rolling your sweaty cycling socks in a ball and throwing them in the general direction of the laundry basket.

Women love that.

Oh i have that one nailed, my house looks like a Chinese laundry this time of year, all manor of clothing wet, dry, clean and dirty draped over every surface.

I'm such a catch
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It's hard to see when the snow builds up between your eyes and your glasses.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    Super glue is rubbish

Dont shine your P7 touch at a mirror whilst looking at the mirror :?
  • itboffin wrote:
    Super glue is rubbish

I disagree. Super glue is excellent at sticking your fingers together (and on one memorable occasion, my shoes to the floor), whilst being rubbish at sticking together what you actually want to stay together.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Holding a valve cap in your mouth will stop you from losing it on the floor, but when you are out and it's -1c it will fill it with condensation that will then freeze it solid to the valve.

Unfortunately dropping it in the snow has the same effect. No-win situation.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    designing, writing and maintaining your own blog can open the door to the world of suffering and sleep deprivation that is HTML, and can also have significant damaging effects on a relationship (if you're not too careful) :!:

*click below for a peek*

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    CXXC wrote:
    designing, writing and maintaining your own blog can open the door to the world of suffering and sleep deprivation that is HTML, and can also have significant damaging effects on a relationship (if you're not too careful) :!:

*click below for a peek*

You support RLJ? BURN HIM!!!

(nice blog btw! well done on the selfbuild)
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    notsoblue wrote:
    CXXC wrote:

*click below for a peek*

You support RLJ? BURN HIM!!!

(nice blog btw! well done on the selfbuild)

if you read carefully you'll see I don't :wink:

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • itboffin wrote:
    It is impossible to use super glue without getting it on your hands :oops:

A couple of months ago I glued myself to the chair at work when little job of superglueing the chairs arm covers back together went wrong and a 50ml bottle of industrial strength super glue went all over me, my trousers and the chair.
    There was much merryment at my expense that afternoon..... :oops:
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8