SPD shoes

13ADL1X
13ADL1X Posts: 151
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

I've got a pair of pretty big feet size 12/13. As such, I'm struggling to find large SPD shoes (why are they so narrow?). I've only tried Shimano shoes as thats what I can try on near me.

I can't be the only person who suffers with this problem so can anyone recommend some brands which are either a slightly wider fit or do big clown sizes?

Cheers
The trail is long and my legs are burning but I can't stop smiling.

Comments

• ian220476
    ian220476 Posts: 164
    I'm an 11 so not quite in your league but when i was buying my first pair I was advised that Shimano are a bit on the narrow side and to try Northwave. They were correct and the Northwave have been brilliant since. I think it was the 'Lizard' that I got
    GT XC1 - the harder you ride it, the better it is

Stumpy FSR 2010 - Rides over everything and everyone
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Wiggle returns is very good and, IIRC, Lake shoes come in different width fittings. Order two different-sized pairs and return the size that doesn't fit.

That said, I had trouble with Shimano with my wide size 10 feet. Then I tried a size up in their R086 and, to my surprise, they fitted.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Sidi do extra wide (mega) shoes in all sizes, I would link to CRC but it seems to have crashed :?