Stag do without leaving the country, any suggestions?

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited March 2010 in The Crudcatcher
A mate of mine is getting married this year, and for various reasons he doesn't want to go abroad for the stag do. I've got no inspiration at all, anyone got any suggestions for a, well, piss-up based stag do in the UK or maybe Ireland? He's from Edinburgh and lives in London so I think those 2 locations have lost their exotic appeal :lol:
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Went to Dublin for mine and it was awesome. It`s meant to have gone really expensive now though.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I was the best man for a wedding so had to sort it all out - this place is highly recommended:

http://www.preseliventure.co.uk/
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Pick a city - any city - and get lashed!

Simples :wink:
    I'm partial to newcastle, liverpool, leeds, glasgow edinburgh...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Nottingham, apparently it's got the last Hooters bar in the UK. Where better to start the day with lunch and...erm...hooters?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    bails87 wrote:
    Nottingham, apparently it's got the last Hooters bar in the UK. Where better to start the day with lunch and...erm...hooters?

Then move onto another part of the country!
  • Andy
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    I was the best man for a wedding so had to sort it all out - this place is highly recommended:

http://www.preseliventure.co.uk/

I quite fancy the sea kayaking...
  • Northwind
    I think anything more strenuous than lifting and lowering pints is probably off the menu.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bails87
    Andy wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

Then move onto another part of the country!

Really.......

HootersRedhead.jpg
    MTB/CX

• Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    do a tour of the best party spots over a week!

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Andy
    Yeah they used to have one in Brum :wink:
  • bails87
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah they used to have one in Brum :wink:

I know.

I went there with my dad when I was about 10!
    MTB/CX

• Andy
    Snap. I've still got a tshirt somewhere.
  • bails87
    Andy wrote:
    Snap. I've still got a tshirt somewhere.

Wait, that picture above isn't you is it?!
    MTB/CX

• bails87
    Hang on, my dad took you to Hooters?! :?
    MTB/CX

• Andy
    He takes loads of 10 year old lads... :shock:
  • Andy
    LOL guess where I'm now going tomorrow!
  • bails87
    Andy wrote:

Hooters with my dad?

EDIT: Forum meet up at Hooters anyone?
    MTB/CX

• Andy
    Well not so much with your dad but you got the first bit right :D
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    +1 for the forum meet up at hooters :o
    bails87 wrote:
    Andy wrote:

Hooters with my dad?

EDIT: Forum meet up at Hooters anyone?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Northwind wrote:
    A mate of mine is getting married this year, and for various reasons he doesn't want to go abroad for the stag do. I've got no inspiration at all, anyone got any suggestions for a, well, wee-wee-up based stag do in the UK or maybe Ireland? He's from Edinburgh and lives in London so I think those 2 locations have lost their exotic appeal :lol:
    What kind of group are going? Sporty? Big drinkers? Gamblers? Like a bit of sleaze? Outdoor types?

Answer that first and you'll be away. I've been on a fair few stag dos - from vodka fueled, stripper heavy trips to Prague to calmer surf/bike trips down in Devon and Cornwall. They are all great - but target audience is critical.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Newquay is always a good shout, my mate loves blackpool, i think it's a bit tacky but hey each to there own :D
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Newcastle and leeds would have my vote.?
    Also went to Hooters in Cancun, Mexico 8) Got to be better then Nottingham!!
  • Allan@ur
    Allan@ur Posts: 32
    I am going to belfast in april for my stag doo,Should be fun :lol:
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    How about a train line pub crawl...I've done London to Brighton getting off at every stop for a quick drink (I think it's the law to have pub next too/opposite a train station) ....the London to Brighton one was good as you ended up in Brighton which is an awesome city, but the pub just round the corner from Clapham Junction sells the worst pint i've ever had...proper vinegar it was!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Hairylegs66
    Hairylegs66 Posts: 103
    Had mine in Brighton which was ok. Hooters in Notts isn't all that (another stag do), if you are into looking at girls go to Bristol and book a stag night at Central Chambers http://www.central-chambers.co.uk/ . Had several good nights in there - pub prices and friendly girls who weren't too pushy.
  • Northwind
    Graham has a keen eye for strip clubs, I think Hooters would be a bit beneath him. (I have to come over all modern and pretend like I don't approve and I'm only going because everyone else is, while inside my brain is going TITS NOW)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i would recommend liverpool as an awesome stag do, i am going there on the quang this weekend, properly cool bars, unbelievably gorgeous women, loads of superb restaurants. as nghts out go, i have never been to a better place anywhere in the world.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    i would recommend liverpool as an awesome stag do, i am going there on the quang this weekend, properly cool bars, unbelievably gorgeous women, loads of superb restaurants. as nghts out go, i have never been to a better place anywhere in the world.
    This is very true, the women are very beautiful there, but my God, when they open their mouths, satan comes out and spits on you! They have one of the harshest sounding voices when they're drunk. I will never forget being asked by an absolute hotty "Can I have one of your chips!?" It will haunt me forever.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro