Happy as Larry!

Tom_0787
Tom_0787 Posts: 39
edited March 2010 in Road beginners
Im chuffed!

Picked up my Specialized allez this morning. I know its a basic no frills bike compared to what most of you guys ride but i love it!

Im off work this week and aim to be doing the 7.5 mile commute (each way) by a week today when i go back to work.

I havent owned a bike for about 7 years (im 22) so I can count the number of times that ie been on a bike simce then on one hand!

I decided to try and get half way to work and back and I did it! Compyter says I did 8 miles in 29 mins with a top speed of 27mph.

I cannot believe hoe easy hills are on this thing! I have always had mountain bikes in the past and inmclines on this thing are no where near as daunting.

Im buzzing from how much fun it was and that was definatly £499 well spent!

Well £650 after bits and peices but the misses doesnt need to know that!!!!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good man, welcome to the darkside. :D
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Who is this Larry of whom you speak? Has he got a new road bike too??
  • Great stuff ive just bought myself an allez elite about 3 weeks ago and loving it.Also my first road bike to.Enjoy
  • neil²
    neil² Posts: 337
    Tom_0787 wrote:
    Im chuffed!

Picked up my Specialized allez this morning. I know its a basic no frills bike compared to what most of you guys ride but i love it!

Im off work this week and aim to be doing the 7.5 mile commute (each way) by a week today when i go back to work.

I havent owned a bike for about 7 years (im 22) so I can count the number of times that ie been on a bike simce then on one hand!

I decided to try and get half way to work and back and I did it! Compyter says I did 8 miles in 29 mins with a top speed of 27mph.

I cannot believe hoe easy hills are on this thing! I have always had mountain bikes in the past and inmclines on this thing are no where near as daunting.

Im buzzing from how much fun it was and that was definatly £499 well spent!

Well £650 after bits and peices but the misses doesnt need to know that!!!!

Excellent! If you've got a computer you can now start obsessively logging commute times and personal bests. Hopefully the weather will be spring-like again soon. :D
  • cotti
    cotti Posts: 96
    I got mine to last week make sure you replace the pedals before you ride as the stock ones ate my toe nail in just 5 miles!
  • Tom_0787
    Tom_0787 Posts: 39
    cotti wrote:
    I got mine to last week make sure you replace the pedals before you ride as the stock ones ate my toe nail in just 5 miles!

Huh? I take it you were wearing shoes?!!

I have flats fitted ATM. I don't really fully understand the options, clipless etc
  • Tfund1
    Tfund1 Posts: 12
    Congratulations, great bike. My first road bike was an 09 Allez. Very nice bike.
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    also just done my first commute to work... in the hammering rain and wind...

great route though, can't wait for some sun to take in the sun rise.

enjoy.
    LOL road riding.
  • cotti
    cotti Posts: 96
    Tom_0787 wrote:
    cotti wrote:

Huh? I take it you were wearing shoes?!!

I have flats fitted ATM. I don't really fully understand the options, clipless etc

Trainers it was and now my toe nail is black! Ive put some 105 clipless pedals on which are much better (I can actually see the benefits of being clipped in now).
  • FatLarry
    FatLarry Posts: 209
    Who is this Larry of whom you speak? Has he got a new road bike too??

Not yet. But I'm working on it.

Welcome to the slippery slope, Tom.
  • I recently bought a 10 Allez elite. Can't wait for it to arrive. Should get it in a week or so. Been waiting for it to come into stock for about 2 months now!