Big-Up To Hope Technology

Bignige
Bignige Posts: 223
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Hi all

Just wanted to post on here to highlight and thank Hope for some excellent customer service.

I had an issue with one of my Hope products last Thursday night, e-mailed them about it when I got in at about 10:30pm and by the time I got to work the next morning at 8:00 I had a reply asking me to send the component up to them straight away.

I then posted the item up to Yorkshire on Monday morning and recieved it back fully repaired under warranty by Thursday with no quibbles at all.

We are often very quick to criticise poor service but slow to praise excellent service so Hope people......Thank You Very Much :D

Nige
Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yup, I'm not really a Hope fan but their warranty's peerless. Though to be fair, you pay for it up front, nothing's free ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    They are nice people, pretty supportive locally of mountain biking too. Now if only they'd give me a job......I'm they could do with a Process Improvement Engineer :wink:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    Sorry Hope people......I should have said posted it to Lancashire :oops: ..............don't want to start the War Of The Roses all over again.

Blame it on me being a soft southerner!!
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    I sent the snapped rear axle of my Pro 2 hub back last Thursday, hoping to receive a warranty replacement in the next few days.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    +1 great customer service.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    +1 generally great customer service.

Ones I heard about I liked:

When 20mm just came out there was still a bit of deviation of standard.
    Guy cannot fit his marz axle through the pro 2 20mm.

Hope ask him to send in the fork, they then machine a new axle for it that fits.

I recieved an item that was damaged in the post, I live about 10 miles from the Hope factory, he said he would drop off a replacment on the way home from work!

I also had a problem with a floating rotor having no braking traction.
    They said it was worn...£80 rotor worn down in months, so I put on my XT rotor I had been using for years and everything was fixed!

So mostly perfect company with the occasional slip up.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?