Commencal Super 4.3 frame crack... nightmare.

2»

Comments

• lock1981
    lock1981 Posts: 546
    it sure is !!

i need it to be a white frame really. got green custom logos on rims and shocks lol
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Spoke to Evans again.... LOL it gets more confusing but i guess makes a little more sense... Kind of.

Evans shop cannot send direct to Madison but only head office. So bike went to head office, then to Madison who will now look at it and see. Bloke in shop is going to ring Madison now and see where they're up to with that and when it will be assessed.

I'm still a little bemused as to whether Madison have the whole bike or just the frame but i never thought to ask until after we'd finished our convo.

So he's given himself a deadline of tomorrow arvo to get constructive answers from Madisons warranty dept... which is fair enough with me.

I'm happier than i was... and this guy seems to have it under control.

:)
  • weeksy59
    Commencal have agreed to replace the frame and a 2010 frame will be arriving next week. Should with luck have a new bike by the end of next week ready to play on.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Excellent news bet your feeling a lot happier now.:D

I am still waiting and I am getting very twitchy :x
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • lock1981
    i aint heard anything back off madison yet but its only been three days.
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    They have apparently also changed supplier for the 2010 frames. It's still TW sourced of couse but hopefully someone a bit more reputable.
  • stubs
    Got an email off Madison this is it

We are sorry to hear the problems you are having with your Commencal Bike.
    If you could please supply us with two more pictures, we can then get a replacement frame sorted as quick as possible.
    We need one of the BB area and one of the complete bike.

Sounds good hopefully I will get my new frame pretty soon

Anyone has a frame problem email Madison, commencalwarranty@Madison.co.uk with photos of the crack, complete bike and Bottom Bracket. Also send the frame numbers, on my bike there are 3 sets of numbers on the BB didnt know which was which so I just copied all 3 sets
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • weeksy59
    Mine was shipped from Madison on Thurs last week and due to arrive today at Evans.

Evans have said they'll have it ready for me by Friday (assuming it arrived OK etc).

Apart from a bit of communication process issues early on i'm pretty happy with how it has gone all in all.
  • stubs
    Got an email off Madison my new frame is going to be shipped tommorow :D

Thats not bad it will be 12 days since I spotted the crack. Hopefully it arrives Friday morning build it friday night ready to roll on Saturdaycool0012.gif
  • lock1981
    i got my email today saying they needed an address to ship to. so i sent it back and asked for an x large instead of a large. they said another two weeks,. ive just emailed back to say ok.

8 days from first email till today was gunna get shipped tomorrow.

great service that.
  • lock1981
    frame arrived today!! :D

only its large so its going back :twisted:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Did they agree to send you the XL?
  • stubs
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH got my new frame this morning stripped the bits off the cracked frame started assembling the new frame and the bloody swinging arm is siezed and when I tried moving it the paint started cracking and falling off. There is no clearance between the frame and swinging arm at the pivot its metal to metal.

FUCKING COMMENCAL

I feel like going to Andorra and blowing the head office up.

and the frame is orange :evil:
  • weeksy59
    Getting a bit pissed off at the moment.

"will be here Weds"
    "will be here Thurs"
    "oh the bloke is off on Fridays...we're not sure"

Hmmmmm i can see myself driving over there later and banging someones head on the counter a bit... try and accentuate my point a little ;)
  • lock1981
    yeah , they emailed me saying if i want a xl it will be3 weeks. i emailed them a back after half 5 then i got an email the next day saying it had been shipped then a msg off my wife saying it had arrived

someones gunna come pick it up my xl is on order
  • weeksy59
    Wooooo hoooooo

My bike is almost ready... will be finished by half 2.

Needs a new BB.. which i'm quite suprised at... but as it's only £23 i really can't be bothered worrying why. Will get him to explain in more detail later. So i've told him to fit the new BB and i'll pick it up later :)

He rekons it wasn't caused by the single ring chain device, but just wear and tear... Hmmmm OK... take his word for it i guess.

White 2010 frame with green decals :)
  • weeksy59
    So 22 days from start to finish... Not bad at all in the end :)

Felt like a lot longer :)
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    weeksy59 wrote:
    So 22 days from start to finish... Not bad at all in the end :)

Felt like a lot longer :)

POIDH ;)

ANd Im glad you got it sorted in the end... :D
  • stubs
    Still waiting for Madison to collect the damaged replacement frame and deliver me another frame which will be frame No4

Rapidly running out of love for Commencal and its flimsy bike frames
  • The Big Cheese
    Can't the French do anything right? :lol:
  • weeksy59
    Cheese ?
  • weeksy59
    Jobs a good-un.

Nice new frame and bike all picked up :)
  • The Big Cheese
    weeksy59 wrote:
    Cheese ?

Of new frame when its built up ;)
  • MrRex
    MrRex Posts: 19
    Same problem for me.

I got a nice new frame in about 3 weeks. Needed a new bottom bracket too but that's not the end of the world.

initial problems with Madison were due to a lack of stock...i.e. no frames available so it took a while for each warrenty claim.

To be fair to Commencal, they are pretty devastated with issues as, potentially, it could put them out of business.

I think if anyone wants an XL now, they are totally out of stock and may not come back in.
    I love technology
  • lock1981
    my xl is coming monday. they had to strip a full bike down to send me the frame!