Question for the moderators

Sanny1
Sanny1 Posts: 5
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Hello

I posted a few minutes ago about the Follow Me cinema tour I am organising. It was on the list and had been viewed twice but has now disappered. Can you tell me if it has ben pulled and if so why?

Cheers

Sanny

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    did you read the rules?

do you know how to use a forum?

I guess you did not. But you may have done so now.

also is it a commercial enterprise?

if yes then contact Future for advertising rates.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Sanny1
    Hi Nick

Well you live and learn eh? I wish it was a big commercial enterprise but it's basically me promoting a cinema tour of the new film from the guys who did The Collective series of films. Sadly I won't be retiring on the proceeds any time soon! :D

Cheers

Sanny
  • Sanny1
    Actually, while I'm asking, what's the best way of getting a press release up as a news item on the website. I posted news of the tour as a press release to the editor and several other folk on the site who might be the right ones to contact on Thursday but have heard nothing back. I'm pretty new to this so was wondering whether there is a charge for items to be posted as news items?

Cheers

Sanny
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    How about if someone else were to pass on details of a cinema tour which might be of interest to Bikeradar members, who had nothing to do with the tour? This sort of thing should be encouraged don't you think, it's good to support this kind of event... Especially when it's being run by riders for riders like this one.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Sanny1
    Thanks for the support Northwind.

Like I said, the tour isn't going to make me rich (I wish) and has come about because no one else seems to be interested in organising a tour. If I've pushed my luck, fair enough, I'll walk away with my tail between my legs. :D

Cheers

Sanny