Nigel Farage harangues EU President Herman van Rompuy

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    what a tosser!

why wasnt he wearing his blazer and slacks ukip uniform?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,581
    This is weeks if not months old.

If he doesn't know who Rompuy is, then what has he been doing in the EU?

I knew who he was.

This reminds me of an issue that irritating me at the time of Rompuy's election.
    What struck me odd about the UK press is that, despite their particularly poor coverage of Europe, they then claim that no-one in the UK has heard of Rompuy.

If you don't report on Belgium, how can people know about the Belgian leaders?

The press want it both ways.

Anyway, this clip was just an attempt to get lots of youtube hits, like that Tory guy did last year, hence the "Belgium is pretty much a non-country".
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    Makes you ashamed that these little Englander morons represent us in Europe.
  • rick_chasey
    Seanos wrote:

2nd biggest party in the EU elections wasn't it?
  • Seanos
    Seanos wrote:

2nd biggest party in the EU elections wasn't it?
    Even more reason to be ashamed.

Farage appears to think that just because it's normal to behave like a braying dickhead in our parliament it's ok to do the same abroad. He's the political equivalent of a British stag weekend in Magaluf.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    BELGIUM, I said BELGIUM, pah!!!! One third of the BENELUX countries. :wink:

Oh! and they host the odd bike race here and there. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Politically it's not me but fair enough BUT the way he did did (making it so personal) was unecessary and just rude.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    Seanos wrote:
    no it doesnt. who elected them?
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    He could have put it more politely, but like all the big jobs in the EU, a political cobble-up. Baroness Ashton anyone?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • rake
    could have but why would he?
  • rick_chasey
    He could have put it more politely, but like all the big jobs in the EU, a political cobble-up. Baroness Ashton anyone?

She's considered particularly able within the EU.

Just because you're not familiar with her does not mean she isn't able.
  • rake
    SCRAP THE eu.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    rake wrote:
    SCRAP THE eu.

yeS wE shouLd be fIghtIng those forruns! :shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Seanos
    rake wrote:
    SCRAP THE eu.
    RApE the EcUs
  • Seanos
    rake wrote:
    could have but why would he?
    Politeness. Civility. Basic decency.
  • rake
    it helps get the point into their heads. have you never watched them debating in the commons. its standard practise. if you cant take the heat go to the shed or something like that.
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    rake wrote:
    it helps get the point into their heads. have you never watched them debating in the commons. its standard practise. if you cant take the heat go to the shed or something like that.

Actually for an MP to insult another MP in the language he uses at the beginning would see him barred from the chamber and issuing all sorts of apologies, both in private and in the press, though as Mr Farage has never been an MP he might not know that.

I'm glad he's not my MEP. I would not be happy to think my MEP didn't know who Herman Van Rompuy was, I'd be shocked to think he didn't understand the basics of the EU and outraged to think the was a pro-Federalist intent on giving dangerous mandates to EU offices by having people vote for them.