Lidl glasses - awesome

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Tough frames, 3 sets of lenses, arms can be removed for an elastic strap, removable foam sweat and mud guard, hardcase and microfibre cloth... they look really good on...

£7.99!

You're not a real biker until you shop at Lidl 8)

Comments

• lasty
    lasty Posts: 218
    Skipped on the glasses but bought a couple of shirts - bargain at £6.99 a pop ...
    No shoes left though .
  • bet the optics are first class.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    bet the optics are first class.
    i love your location:
    just as expensive satnav won't necessarily take you to the right place, cheap glasses won't necessarily have bad optics...
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352

I hear Oakleys are nearly as cheap :roll:
  • I got the in-laws to buy me 2 sets. Received them today. Superb value for money.
  • cheap glasses won't necessarily have bad optics...

ooh...interesting - are you presenting at the American Academy of Optometry this year? Look forward to hearing about your research.
  • lets be honest they can't be any worse than the Bolle ones cheap on ebay which quite a few people on here use and are supposed to be great! May try and pick up a set tomorrow.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I use aldi ones, which were £4 or something ridiculous. Again, with a pouch and 3 sets of lenses. Can't complain.

Singlespeedexplosif,seeing as you're so concerned with the quality of the optics being used by everyone, send me a cheque for £120 and I'll go buy some Oakleys :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Elliot Ross
    Elliot Ross Posts: 182
    has anyone got a link please as i cant find it?
  • http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//SID ... =2&nf=True

Anyone tried the shoes ? might go and see if i can get some tomorrow ....
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    lets be honest they can't be any worse than the Bolle ones cheap on ebay which quite a few people on here use and are supposed to be great! May try and pick up a set tomorrow.

I use Bolle glasses and have no complaints. There is no way i would ride around with a pair or £100+ glasses on when a £5.99 pair work just as well.

I was in Lidl on monday and i almost got some glasses - i didnt get them as i dont need them as my Bolle glasses are just fine.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I tried a few of the Lidl ones last time, they all made me look like Bono so I gave up but I tried four or five different pairs, one had quite a bit of distortion, one was OK, the others were all pretty much spot on though- no image distortion at all that I could detect, and if I don't notice it I don't care about it. Pretty much exactly as good as my Bolles in that respect.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I used to use some cheap aldi ones but I now use bolles. The bolles definatly have better optics (not that the cheapo aldi/lidl ones are bad).

Of course I mostly use oakleys (googles mind but Crowbars so they weren't cheap) but I still wanted glasses for proper XC and in that respect the bolles are great (almost as good lenses as the oakleys)

Way I see it, Bolle are the Oakley of the Saftey specs :wink:
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523

bit of a sillly statement

Its very doubtful that they will be but for that kind of money and what they will be used for, they don't need to be 'first class optics.'
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    I've got the £10 Bolles off ebay and they are great and look much more expensive than they are. I keep meaning to go to the Aldi/Lidl sales but always seem to miss 'em :?
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    Bought the Lidl glasses this week but took them back as the fit was awful and they looked what they are: cheap and nasty.
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • Elliot Ross
    Elliot Ross Posts: 182
    Went and bought some today and they really are very good for the price only 8 quid, comfortable and fits perfectly! Really impressed with them. Also the rain jackets are also really good for a tenner!
  • stanfree
    stanfree Posts: 58
    I got a pair of shorts , top , water bottle and couple of inner tubes for the princely sum of £20.29. Tops and shorts seem really good missed out on the goggles though.The Aldi shirts from a few months back are also pretty decent and good enough for getting caked in mud.