Sagan doing Paris-Roubaix

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited March 2010 in Pro race
Everyone else may as well not even bother showing up.

:wink:

He should be able to top 10, you'd think? I know doing well in the junior PR doesn't always translate to doing well in the proper one but he's already shown some mad skillz this year
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited March 2010
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sagan-t ... is-roubaix

I'm wondering why he isn't riding G-W or Flanders when he is supposed to be very good on the short sharp climbs.

And interestingly from his wiki...that is pretty tough for a youngster, especially now that they seem to be 'softer.
    He suffered from an ugly fall on the second stage but kept riding with 17 stitches on his arm and left thigh. Battling with injury, in the queen stage to Willunga he joined an attack over the last climb with Cadel Evans, Alejandro Valverde and Luis León Sánchez. The four fought to hold off the sprinters' group over the next 20 kilometers, with Sánchez nipping ahead for the win as the others were caught in the last kilometer. Valverde, Sánchez and Evans complained that Sagan made their legs hurt.

image-20.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Liquigas are trying to keep his program light because he's a young fellow. Probably a fairly sensible move.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Good luck to him but I suggest he just learns what he can and doesn't come with too much weight on his shoulders. He was on form in Paris-Nice which implies he could be off the boil by the time the race comes.

Boonen's debut springs to mind, it would be nice if he could match this but I think he needs to do smaller races with measured but ambitious targets.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Roubaix is a suuuuper hard race though...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Kléber wrote:
    Good luck to him but I suggest he just learns what he can and doesn't come with too much weight on his shoulders. He was on form in Paris-Nice which implies he could be off the boil by the time the race comes.

Boonen's debut springs to mind, it would be nice if he could match this but I think he needs to do smaller races with measured but ambitious targets.

+1
  • Kléber wrote:

With that in mind, wouldn't be surprised to see him climb off at the 2nd feed or something.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent