Ghetto Flat Repair...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Here's a handy tip for some of us. I imagine the majority of us have experienced this at some point or another...
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/H ... /sspomer,2
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Nope tubes with sealant in and spare tubes in the hydropack and a mountain morph pump :wink: That has to be the most expensive way of fixing a puncture. Patches and glue cost pennies, tubes cost pounds.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • If you haven't bothered to carry tubes or patches, why would you have bothered with a pump.
    If you are in the habit of carrying nothing then remember that presta valved tubes can be inflated by mouth, although I'm not sure what sort of pressure you can get.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    But what if you're on an epic ride, you're about 15 miles from home, get a puncture, replace the tube, ride another 10', get a puncture, replace it, ride another 10' get a puncture... o-oh, no more tubes.
    As a last resort, it's better than the walk home you've got ahead. It's not designed as an excuse to not carry them, it's just a tip for what to do if you're stuck.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    That's an old trick, I was expecting something a lot more clever- something like using the heat from a rotor to melt the tube back together
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i once stuffed a tyre full of ferns to get me home, i think i read it in mbuk many moons ago :lol: