Coppi e Bartali stage 2 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited March 2010 in Pro race
1) Jose Serpa (Androni Giocattoli) 4:11: 09
2) Fortunato Baliani (Miche) m.t.
3) Riccardo Riccò (Ceramic Flaminia) m.t.
4) Przemyslaw Niemiec (Miche) m.t.
5) Domenico Pozzovivo (Colnago CIF Inox) m.t.
6) Jose Rujano (Isd Neri) m.t.
7) Francesco Gavazzi (Lampre Farnese Vini) to 12 "
8) Massimiliano Gentili (Ceramic Flaminia) m.t.
9) Daniele Righi (Lampre Farnese Vini) m.t.
10) Emanuele Sella (Carmiooro Ngc) m.t.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    iainf72 wrote:
    1) Jose Serpa (Androni Giocattoli) 4:11: 09
    2) Fortunato Baliani (Miche) m.t.
    3) Riccardo Riccò (Ceramic Flaminia) m.t.
    4) Przemyslaw Niemiec (Miche) m.t.
    5) Domenico Pozzovivo (Colnago CIF Inox) m.t.
    6) Jose Rujano (Isd Neri) m.t.
    7) Francesco Gavazzi (Lampre Farnese Vini) to 12 "
    8) Massimiliano Gentili (Ceramic Flaminia) m.t.
    9) Daniele Righi (Lampre Farnese Vini) m.t.
    10) Emanuele Sella (Carmiooro Ngc) m.t.

What an odd bunch sprint!

Strava is not Zen.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiico. Nice.

The top 10 makes sense given the profile:
    profile-02.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Guess who attacked and lit up the peloton. Big loss for the spectators for C-F to not be invited to the Giro.

Let's see how he goes tomorrow which is the 'Queen' stage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    So obviously he's still tooled up then. :wink:
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Put aside Ricco and there are some very suspicious names in the top 10.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    haha yea - only one missing is Michael RASMUSSEN -

I just finished watching the highlights and got to say the Italian media and fans LOVE Ricco. Yesterday I even saw his missus and kid spectating and cheering him on..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Sure she wasn't sitting on a grassy knoll taking aim with a shotgun?
  • frenchfighter
    Doobz wrote:
    I just finished watching the highlights

Do you have a link at all?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Doobz wrote:
    I just finished watching the highlights

Do you have a link at all?

http://cyclingtorrents.nl/
    cartoon.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    I watched Rai's coverage last night.
    CF set e tempo on the lower part of the climb that had most in difficulty. Ricco looked like he could have sat up and had a cup of tea.

Of the small bunch left, none could get anywhere near him, when he did a passable impression of Contador. Left them all dead on the road. Unfortunately for him, Faenza was 20km down the road, so he actually sat up on the climb and waited for the first of the few.

He bossed the group all the way to the line, where he got out sprinted by a wheel sucking Serpa, the only guy who did no work.

Ricco then made a "gesture", at PS's back! :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    I was pretty sure Ricco would still be a superb climber and always exciting. I have only seen the last 100m but saw his frustration at Serpa. Idiot wheel suckers - nooooooo respect. Look forward to seeing the rest of it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I was pretty sure Ricco would still be a superb climber and always exciting. I have only seen the last 100m but saw his frustration at Serpa. Idiot wheel suckers - nooooooo respect. Look forward to seeing the rest of it.

They should probably just let him win eh? Back when I was capable of winning races, I did something similar to a guy, let him bury himself in the finale and then nipped around him for the win... He went mental and I just replied "what did you think I was going to do?"

Same applies. It's a race and up to Ricco et al to make sure that the guy not contributing isn't in a position to win at the end.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Not going into this discussion AGAIN, especially with you.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Not going into this discussion AGAIN, especially with you.

Not sure I follow. What discussion? Why not with me? You gave your opinion, I gave mine. Is this a problem?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Guess who attacked and lit up the peloton. Big loss for the spectators for C-F to not be invited to the Giro.

Let's see how he goes tomorrow which is the 'Queen' stage.

No loss at all FF. Perhaps Ricco should've considered the consequences of his actions when he decided to pump his body full of CERA.

Sure, he has served his ban, but it's at the discretion of race organisers to decide who gets an invite and who doesn't.

And in this case, they've got it right for Ricco. LEt's give him 12 months + plus, make sure he can keep himself clean and then, maybe then, he might be afforded a Giro invite.
  • frenchfighter
    Maybe no loss for you SJ, but for me, I will miss seeing him competing in the Giro, as will many others.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Maybe no loss for you SJ, but for me, I will miss seeing him competing in the Giro, as will many others.

Fair enough - each to their own opinion. I'm just wanting a suspicion free Giro this year. I don't care how boring it is.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I was pretty sure Ricco would still be a superb climber and always exciting.

I was pretty sure of that as well, but possibly for different reasons than you.

Strava is not Zen.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    I was pretty sure Ricco would still be a superb climber and always exciting. I have only seen the last 100m but saw his frustration at Serpa. Idiot wheel suckers - nooooooo respect. Look forward to seeing the rest of it.

You do realise that this is a professional cycling race and not some Gran Fondo dont you ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !