WOW........ i cant believe the differance

2»

Comments

• fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    kangaroo wrote:
    which brings me to a question, i have read that a few of you swapped your ignitors for something else, and preferred the change.
    i am running a 2.35 lust and like it for the grip, what were you running and what what did you prefer with your new tyres

I swapped the ignitors 2.1s from my Kula onto my AMS, 1 ride in and the front was swapped back to the Nobby Nic, I kept faith with the rear Ignitor over the winter.
    A few weeks ago the ground on my local moorland started to get a little wet and boggy, I needed something that would float slightly better, give better grip across the width. Ok so I still end up with the tyres submerged to and beyond the rim on many a stretch but I have forward propulsion, Slow and tirering but better than I had. Rear tyre is a 2.3 Hi-Roller, I will look at the other hardly used Ignitor in the dryer weather, but for now i am happy.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    biggest changes to help? well, as i ride a HT a big (and i MEAN big) back tyre, it really improves comfort, control, and speed. Wide bars and a short stem, helps to just keep it confident. Shadow rear mech just helps confidence in really tight stuff, and SPDs really help in rocky, madness situatioin...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Lou_m
    Lou_m Posts: 97
    All this talk abot 60mm stems.... back in the good old days an 18" mtb had a std stem length of about 135mm. Showing my age now!!
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    Changed my RS Judy J4's for a set or RS Revelations and everyone including me would not belive how much faster I was going. If you have cheap forks, just change them, it is worth the money and then some.