• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Yes, if you use p clips and a seat clamp with rack mounts
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    Should work...if you can bear the cries of "Can I go faster please?" from your fully laden speed machine :D
    You'd probably need heftier tyres too if you are still using the ones in your bike pic.
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Mike67 wrote:
    Should work...if you can bear the cries of "Can I go faster please?" from your fully laden speed machine :D
    You'd probably need heftier tyres too if you are still using the ones in your bike pic.

What's up with Michelin Krylions @ 120PSI?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    You may have a problem with heel strike with the rear bags. That's if you're even close to being serious about this. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Have a look at Tubus pannier racks. They do ultra minimalist ones, with mounting via the brake bridge and they can even do a special adaptor to allow mounting via the rear wheel quick release.
    Pricey though....!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    freehub wrote:
    Mike67 wrote:

Shouldn't be an issue, I'm 20kg heavier than you and the tyres would be fine for me so I'm sure they'd be fine for you plus a fair bit of stuff.
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    freehub wrote:
    Mike67 wrote:

I was thinking more comfort and stability than anything else.

Not sure if you're considering high speed touring or just need to carry loads of stuff.

Either way, rider, plus heavy bags, plus 120psi, plus skinny tyres....makes my a**e twitchy just thinking about it. :wink:
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • VIN0
    VIN0 Posts: 19
    EEES bollock of horse spoken on forum, load up and enjoying holiday

Ave get on with it Calves
  • That poor bike...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent