Ritchey DS Pro wheels - spoke nipple unwinding

Leodhasach
Leodhasach Posts: 59
edited March 2010 in Workshop
Just had the nipple on the spoke unwind and drop inside the rim. Presumably this is easy to sort, just a matter of taking the tyre off and having a look under the tape in the rim? I'm not terribly tech savvy when it comes to bikes so a bit wary of diving in and making a royal balls up of it!!
Boardman Team Carbon

Cube LTD Race

Knackered old Mountain Bike of indeterminate origin.

Comments

• Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    How long have you had it? If it isnt that long I would take it back into the shop to get them to do it!
  • I've had it for just over a year so it's probably not worth taking it back to the shop? The 'shop' being a certain place that starts with an 'H'. I think these wheels are known for this issue, it's the first time its happened to me though.
    Boardman Team Carbon

Cube LTD Race

• Leodhasach wrote:
    I've had it for just over a year so it's probably not worth taking it back to the shop? The 'shop' being a certain place that starts with an 'H'. I think these wheels are known for this issue, it's the first time its happened to me though.

+1 The time taken to sort the issue yourself will be no more than 10 minutes. You can screw the spoke nipple back onto the spoke using a screwdriver via the holes under the rim tape so you wont even need a spoke key
  • Wamas
    Wamas Posts: 256
    This is a known problem on the Boardman bikes.
    My friend took his back, and Halfords respoked both his wheels with better spokes.

• +1 The time taken to sort the issue yourself will be no more than 10 minutes. You can screw the spoke nipple back onto the spoke using a screwdriver via the holes under the rim tape so you wont even need a spoke key

Nice one, that sounds pretty straightforward.
    Boardman Team Carbon

Cube LTD Race