Pedals like these...

Koiler
Koiler Posts: 513
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Larg ... 6387-2.Jpg

has anyone seen or know where i can find any pedals like these? With a similar profile and with pins in the center?

i think they look 8) in that colour as well.

i would just buy them, but at £100, it puts me off every time i lsee how scuffed and chipped my V8 are.

on a completely unrelated note, whenever i put the little cool face, the cursor jumps to the bottom of the screen. anyone else get this? or is it just me?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Wellgo do loads of different types.
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    yeah, looked at some wellgos on CRC,

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=5199

these look pretty good, but they dont come in green :D

to be honest, id rather have the wellgo's and £75 in my pocket but i thought id see if anyone had seen any like the straightlines
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    wellgo b-54's look 8) , and are only £25 but are only available at the end of april at crc, and don't come in as many colours http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=5199
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    point one racing podium pedals if you want expensive kewl looking pedals. if anyone here has them please let me know what they are like. anyways wellgo mg1 is usually popular thats why for some unknown reason i went for the wellgo b25 pedals, i think it was i liked the simple design :lol:
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=194
    look good for the money and lots of colours
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • I'm loving my new Superstar pedals, great platform and super good looking. I've got the black ones with red pins, I may get the patriots for my other bike 8)
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Another vote for the superstars.

Much grippier than my old V8's. Got them a few weeks ago and they only have light scuffs despite loads of strikes (low BB and narrow rooty/rocky trails)
  • djcombes
    djcombes Posts: 63
    Koiler wrote:
    i would just buy them, but at £100, it puts me off every time i lsee how scuffed and chipped my V8 are.
    Pedals are not meant to look brand new. Mine look like they've been tumble dried with rocks, but I think that adds to the charm.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Those Superstars do look good. You need to spend a bit to get all the good options mind but they've got a nice platform.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    Northwind wrote:
    Those Superstars do look good. You need to spend a bit to get all the good options mind but they've got a nice platform.

Not really. Mine are completely standard and I got them in the sale for 36 quid :D

They are pretty light anyway: a claimed - just under 500g for thru pins model and about 450g for grub screw model.
  • Northwind
    That isn't light! My heavier set of pedals is only about 2/3ds the weight of that!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    Its light for 36 quid without being made of cheese or being and ebay special :wink:
  • Northwind
    That's more than my cromo-axled MG1s ;) Though they're a bit fatter I think.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    Northwind wrote:
    That's more than my cromo-axled MG1s ;) Though they're a bit fatter I think.

If you mean my pedals then yes. They have the same body as Kona Wah Wah's and similar dimensions to Easton Flatboys.

Thats why I got them, big feet and small pedals give me foot cramp :x
  • Northwind
    I meant, mine are thicker. The platform feels about the same size but yours should strike a wee bit less, the MGs are chunky.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    They would strike less but they have given me more confidnce so I go and srape them off bits of zoom or bust and the like all the time.

I do find I can do rock gardens much better with the lower profile
  • LEE_05
    LEE_05 Posts: 97
    my mates just bort some dmr v8's today and they seem rele good for the price come in plenty of colours aswell.
  • peter413
    LEE_05 wrote:
    my mates just bort some dmr v8's today and they seem rele good for the price come in plenty of colours aswell.

Bet the paint won't last to long though :wink:

My mate has had them for about 2 months but they look nearly a year old because of the paint wearing off so easily
  • Northwind
    peter413 wrote:
    They would strike less but they have given me more confidnce so I go and srape them off bits of zoom or bust and the like all the time.

I just avoid riding into the sides 8) (then knock all the paint off while crashing)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    Northwind wrote:
    peter413 wrote:

I just avoid riding into the sides 8) (then knock all the paint off while crashing)

But the best way to ride it is to stay to the outsides :roll:

I have already crashed 2 or 3 times with them (twice on zoom or bust)

Small crash on Sunday but over the bars on Saturday with you. I was a metre out of sight of you guys at the end and I hit the side and went oer the bars and got trapped under the bike :lol: My knee still fekin hurts :cry:
  • Northwind
    Think yourself lucky it wasn't a fireroad, them things are hard!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • LEE_05
    LEE_05 Posts: 97
    Northwind wrote:
    peter413 wrote:

true but he just got silver 1s so they will be ok. seem good for the money .
  • peter413
    Northwind wrote:
    Think yourself lucky it wasn't a fireroad, them things are hard!

I cangarantee not as hard as some of the rocky bits on Spooky.

Almost lost my eye (seriously would have lost it if I hadn't been wearing the glasses I got the week before :shock: ) and I still got the scars (no I won't show them) and my arm still gives me greif sometimes nearly a year later