Wiggins out of Catalunya

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited March 2010 in Pro race
Link: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-out-of-catalunya

Seems he's got a stomach bug.

First Cheryl Cole gets bronchitis and can't do public appearances, now this.

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Wonder what the real reason is ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:

He did moan about a dicky tummy in Twitter. Using rhyming slang to prove how british he is.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

He did moan about a dicky tummy in Twitter. Using rhyming slang to prove how british he is.

Do you believe everything you read in twitter ? :wink:
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    wiggins is seriously undercooked this season, I know his focus is July but still ......
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    That is one marginal gain Sky need to work on...too many stomachs losing them performances.

Maybe he doesn't want to meet Schleck.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:

Only if Lance says it.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    At the risk of over-analysing a case of the trots - thankfully Brad didn't use Twitpic - it's interesting that he's not riding now. This sort of bug comes and goes quite quickly, you'd think a stage race would be a good thing to get back into it.

Anyway, nothing matters this year but the Tour de France. This is risky, it's all about eggs in one basket, but if he's not winning now, it's no big deal to anyone.
  • moray_gub
    Kléber wrote:
    At the risk of over-analysing a case of the trots - thankfully Brad didn't use Twitpic - it's interesting that he's not riding now. This sort of bug comes and goes quite quickly, you'd think a stage race would be a good thing to get back into it.

Anyway, nothing matters this year but the Tour de France. This is risky, it's all about eggs in one basket, but if he's not winning now, it's no big deal to anyone.

Its not so much not winning its more not racing.
  • According to Rod Ellingworth on the RP podcast last week, it's 2011 that's more of a goal for Bradley, because they're worried about the level of expectation (amongst others) in 2010.

Similarly with Cav, he's targetting the Worlds and so has had a slow start to the season, given the fact his season was all but done after the Tour last year.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Only if Lance says it.

Or if Graham Watson insinuates it.

Anyway, if some people think Wiggo is undercooked this year, what about Sastre? Catalunya is his only race this year before the Giro, which he is supposedly targetting as a season goal!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:
    Anyway, if some people think Wiggo is undercooked this year, what about Sastre? Catalunya is his only race this year before the Giro, which he is supposedly targetting as a season goal!

Sastre is undercooked in the same way as a live pig is undercooked. He has raced a bike for eight months.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    That is one marginal gain Sky need to work on...too many stomachs losing them performances.

Maybe he doesn't want to meet Schleck.

I think one of the Schleck's was tweeting about having bad guts last week too. Might be mistaken though.

Even if you have had something like the tom tits (to speak Brad style) and recover reasonably quickly sometimes it's best to take it easy for a week. Which means riding when he wants, rather than when he has to i.e. race. It can leave you dehydrated and take a while to build up, and can make you susceptible to other illnesses. Sensible really.

What spring classics does he have lined up? I'd imagine doing a stage race after a bout, then onto a couple of the classic races would make Brad look even skinnier than looked after last year Paris-Roubaix.

The last thing we'd want to see today is this..... epic-fail2.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    Moray Gub wrote:

Why would there be a real reason other than he has a stomach bug? When I get one it's a struggle to make the necessary journey to the bathroom let alone race a bike. Some people are determined to find things that aren't there :?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,869
    are they all on the same weight loss "plan"?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    hammerite wrote:

The last thing we'd want to see today is this..... epic-fail2.jpg

lemond on the tourmalet
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • moray_gub
    Pross wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Why would there be a real reason other than he has a stomach bug? When I get one it's a struggle to make the necessary journey to the bathroom let alone race a bike. Some people are determined to find things that aren't there :?

Och you know this place if a stomach bug is mentioned then its fair game to question it.......................well it was a few days ago with another rider anyway.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Why does there have to be some sort of deception or conspiracy? Could it be that he just has the sh1ts?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • moray_gub
    wicked wrote:
    Why does there have to be some sort of deception or conspiracy? Could it be that he just has the sh1ts?

It's forum policy when a rider quotes stomach bug to question and doubt it. Go back a few days to see previous evidence of this.
  • wicked
    Moray Gub wrote:
    wicked wrote:

It's forum policy when a rider quotes stomach bug to question and doubt it. Go back a few days to see previous evidence of this.

Fuck me it's like school sometimes
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • moray_gub
    wicked wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    wicked wrote:

fark me it's like school sometimes

I know its great eh !
  • wicked
    Moray Gub wrote:
    wicked wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    wicked wrote:

fark me it's like school sometimes

I know its great eh !
    :wink:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Of course it is entirely possible (and maybe even likely) that he is indeed suffering from some sort of REAL stomach bug.

It just seems like there's a few of these bugs going around recently.
  • wicked
    Pokerface wrote:
    Of course it is entirely possible (and maybe even likely) that he is indeed suffering from some sort of REAL stomach bug.

It just seems like there's a few of these bugs going around recently.

Indeed. I had it myself at the start of the month. :(
  • mididoctors
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Och you know this place if a stomach bug is mentioned then its fair game to question it.......................well it was a few days ago with another rider anyway.

actually i agree with you for once... though I didn't take part in the other stuff myself

for the record I'm a die hard lance hater

its just yak
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

actually i agree with you for once... though I didn't take part in the other stuff myself

for the record I'm a die hard lance hater

its just yak

I can't figure why you would hate someone who hasn't done you any harm, dislike yea sure but hate ?
  • mididoctors
    Moray Gub wrote:

I can't figure why you would hate someone who hasn't done you any harm, dislike yea sure but hate ?

do you think the term hater (at least in my case) involves me losing sleep over any of this

scale 1 to 5

1 being whatever and 5 being arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'm about 1.01543
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    If he has a bug, which could potentially be passed on to other members of the team, it is best for him to stay at home. It is a shame, as I reckon he could have done well in the race.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138

scale 1 to 5

1 being whatever and 5 being arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'm about 1.01543
    Is this the PDM thread.

Hate, I can't say that but my "Respect" for him rates at 1.0001543 on your scale.
    I've known him longer than most of you.
    Too much of him makes me Vomit.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    He should take some Bisto - it browns & thickens :D
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    He's one of ours... there will be no shinanegans move on...