shock pump recommendations?

5xcr
5xcr Posts: 195
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I need a shock pump, and was thinking of getting a topeak dx ,is this a good pump or can you recommend another one for me.

also , I was going to let all the air out of my shock(ario 2.1) and then refill to set sag,so is it 1pound pressure to 1 pound my weight then add extra to set sag. I know i probably should ask this question elsewhere but whilst we are on the subject of shock pumps it would save time to get an answer.

5xcr :wink:
12hr days 5 days a week riding to work and back and still the energy to ride 2 other days

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    I have the Magura one and its a truly fantastic piece of kit, it comes highly recomended.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You can get a fox one for £20.... http://www.noahsark.co.uk/fox-shock-pump-p-2619.html
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    I've got a fox, a rock shox and a wrench force shock pump and they are all pretty much identical.

I also googled the Magura one ans it looks exactly the same!.

I think all shock pumps are made in the same place and just rebranded. So just buy one
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Topeak make good kit.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    RichMTB wrote:
    I've got a fox, a rock shox and a wrench force shock pump and they are all pretty much identical.

I also googled the Magura one ans it looks exactly the same!.

I think all shock pumps are made in the same place and just rebranded. So just buy one
    That Magura is double the price on noahsark. Is it really the same pump?

Found this pump shoot-out if it's any help.
  • 5xcr
    5xcr Posts: 195
    ]
    pump shoot-out[/url] if it's any help.[/quote]

thanks all,, and hardrider that shootout does help. will get the topeak dxg

5xcr :)
    12hr days 5 days a week riding to work and back and still the energy to ride 2 other days
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    i got mine for £17- it's a beto one of ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beto-Mountain-Bik ... 4398a1fe90
  • Elliot Ross
    Elliot Ross Posts: 182
    The topeak DXG pump is good, you can get it from chain reaction cycles with free delivery!
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    I've got a Topeak DXG and a pump that came with the bike (Giant)

I always reach for the Topeak