When we can all agree with Lance.

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    Timoid. wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    I soooo want to do the Ride of the Falling Rain....

http://www.rideofthefallingrain.net/

PS Dennis, it's "whisky". The stuff with an "e", you use for cooking. Or taking stains out of your carpet... :D

Pah! Sacrilege!

Whiskey is the golden nectar distilled by true craftsmen. Whisky only exists as a word because Scots can't spell.

Thank God, another person of taste on the forum. Don't get me wrong a decent single malt from Scotland will do if there's no Irish about but given the choice......
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    calvjones wrote:
    Can I make a small case (arf) for Talisker? Epecially the 18 year old which has to be drunk to be believed

The distillery in Skye has to be on anyone's cycle-tour list.

There's a nice hill out the back of the distillery to shake any after effects out of your legs too.

My home is just over a mile from there.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    guinea wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Can I make a small case (arf) for Talisker? Epecially the 18 year old which has to be drunk to be believed

There's a nice hill out the back of the distillery to shake any after effects out of your legs too.

My home is just over a mile from there.

Lucky, lucky boy/girl... and yes, went up that hill!

Strava is not Zen.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    calvjones wrote:

Visited that one by boat once,. that's the way to do it in style
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    My nan had a cat called Whiskey or was it Whisky :?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Homer J wrote:
    My nan had a cat called Whiskey or was it Whisky :?

We used to have a tabby cat called Misty. We have one called Suki now. She's black and white.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    And here's the OP, Rick Chasey, finding what he believed was a topic ALL of us could contribute to without it becoming a screaming match, Pro-Lance vs Anti-Lance thing.

And yet, all it really needed was a thread dedicated to Whisky.

In all my years here, I don't think I've ever read a more civilised thread than this one.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,664
    calvjones wrote:

+1 Talisker is danged fine.

So are:
    Balvenie
    Ardbeg
    Cardhu
    Highland Park
    Aberlour
    Dalwhinnie
    Cragganmore
    Lagavulin
    Laphroaig
    Springbank
    Oban

and many others, the consumption of which has caused me to forget their names... :lol:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Oban is, I fear, over-rated. And I speak as an Argyll lass (waves at Guinea). Any other west coasters around these parts?

Talisker though..............ah, there is no finer way to end a hard day than to hold a heavy glass of Talisker in your hand.

Funny how it always tastes better from a crystal tumbler.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    And here's the OP, Rick Chasey, finding what he believed was a topic ALL of us could contribute to without it becoming a screaming match, Pro-Lance vs Anti-Lance thing.

In all my years here, I don't think I've ever read a more civilised thread than this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBp2ke5Bye4
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    SpaceJunk wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBp2ke5Bye4

Classic footage ... Does anyone know which one in the clip is Moray?