When we can all agree with Lance.

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
edited March 2010 in Pro race
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/w ... rong-25415

Not a fan of the man, but ja, he's well placed for this kind of thing.

Certainly says it how it is, which in this case is certainly no bad thing.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

He's a douchebag as well apparantly.

Hah!

Made me smile.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

He's a douchebag as well apparantly.

Hah!

Made me smile.

I see ESPN have taken down the March 11th show pity wanted to have a listen.

edit : on here

http://blogs.liverpoolecho.co.uk/acycli ... eiser.html
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Evil right-wing Uebermensch vs evil motorist Uebermensch, could be a tough one to call for "Bernie".... Score draw?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Seems somewhat surprising that Lance would bother to comment on such an obvious troll.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    dennisn wrote:
    Seems somewhat surprising that Lance would bother to comment on such an obvious troll.
    You've been very quiet Dennis.
    Be honest.
    You must be disappointed. Your Lance stealth radar having been set off, only to find all is tranquillo in the thread. :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    Be honest.
    You must be disappointed. Your Lance stealth radar having been set off, only to find all is tranquillo in the thread. :lol:

Been on vacation in New Orleans. Whew, Bourbon Street needs to be seen(and heard) to be believed. Once is enough for someone my age. Although my brother-in law bought me a shot of 14 year old Oban Scotch, now that was good.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Lucky you dennis - and I agree with yr sentiments re: trolling BTW

Surprised your LAdar wasn't set off by the Bertie changes his plans thread :wink:
  • blazing_saddles
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Be honest.

Been on vacation in New Orleans. Whew, Bourbon Street needs to be seen(and heard) to be believed. Once is enough for someone my age. Although my brother-in law bought me a shot of 14 year old Oban Scotch, now that was good.

You won't beat a good single malt. I'm having one right now....... :)
  • DaveyL
    Laphroaig Quarter Cask, anyone?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Love Laphroaig mmmmmmmmm
  • dennisn
    micron wrote:
    Lucky you dennis - and I agree with yr sentiments re: trolling BTW

Surprised your LAdar wasn't set off by the Bertie changes his plans thread :wink:

I'll leave that topic to "ff". :wink:
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that roads (at least in the U.S.) were originally built for bikes (and wagons) NOT cars!
    On October 3, 1893, General Roy Stone, a Civil War hero and good roads advocate, was appointed Special Agent in charge of the new Office of Road Inquiry (ORI) within the Department of Agriculture. With a budget of $10,000, ORI promoted new rural road development to serve the wagons, coaches, and bicycles on America's dirt roads.
  • dennisn
    donrhummy wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that roads (at least in the U.S.) were originally built for bikes (and wagons) NOT cars!
    On October 3, 1893, General Roy Stone, a Civil War hero and good roads advocate, was appointed Special Agent in charge of the new Office of Road Inquiry (ORI) within the Department of Agriculture. With a budget of $10,000, ORI promoted new rural road development to serve the wagons, coaches, and bicycles on America's dirt roads.

I'm thinking wagons and coaches were the main concern.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    the islay malts are the best i agree, laphroaig and lagavulin (spelt incorrectly im sure)
  • blazing_saddles
    DaveyL wrote:
    Laphroaig Quarter Cask, anyone?
    Mighty fine. I picked up a bottle, cheap, from Waitrose, a while back.
  • dennisn
    ...........and we all seem to agree on Scotch whiskey. What the h*ll. One Bourbon, one Scotch, and one beer. Can't go too wrong. Well you could, but.......
  • moray_gub
    micron wrote:
    Love Laphroaig mmmmmmmmm

Been to that distillery on Islay last year when cycle touring through the Islands lovely place so it was , that island has 9 !! working distilliries. Nobody makes the gold stuff like us Scots, mind you nobody drinks it like us either :wink:
  • DaveyL
    I soooo want to do the Ride of the Falling Rain....

http://www.rideofthefallingrain.net/

PS Dennis, it's "whisky". The stuff with an "e", you use for cooking. Or taking stains out of your carpet... :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    A whisky thread! Excellent.

Thanks for the link, Davey- looks just like my kind of ride. And we'd not have to travel hundreds of miles to get there either.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The quality of the whisky must come from the quality of the water.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub

There is a bit more to it than that.
  • dennisn
    So, back on topic. NOW, LA is going to appear on this guys show???? Got to say I didn't see that one coming.That sort of turns the whole thing into a bogus pile of media
    garbage. DUH!!!
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Have to say I thought Bourbon street just reminded me of Backpool :shock:

Saying that though New Orelans does have some very nice restaraunts and cafes.

On a bike front I only saw quite a few of those crusier types, so I guess it isn't the centre of US cycling :wink:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    A lot of places in the highlands and islands have water supplies that are basically just a pipe in a burn somewhere up the hillside. Often comes out brown and peaty, not good for washing your whites, but I've been places where I'll swear the water tastes like Islay malt.
  • dennisn
    eh wrote:
    Have to say I thought Bourbon street just reminded me of Backpool :shock:

Saying that though New Orelans does have some very nice restaraunts and cafes.

On a bike front I only saw quite a few of those crusier types, so I guess it isn't the centre of US cycling :wink:

You're probably right about Bourbon Street. Nothing really special. Just a very noisy, crowded, sleazy place to get drunk. Sleaze will never go out of style.

As for the food. Top shelf stuff.

Not sure where the centre of U.S. cycling is, to be honest. Definitely not New Orleans.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    DaveyL wrote:
    I soooo want to do the Ride of the Falling Rain....

http://www.rideofthefallingrain.net/

PS Dennis, it's "whisky". The stuff with an "e", you use for cooking. Or taking stains out of your carpet... :D

Pah! Sacrilege!

Whiskey is the golden nectar distilled by true craftsmen. Whisky only exists as a word because Scots can't spell.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    dennisn wrote:

Not sure where the centre of U.S. cycling is, to be honest. Definitely not New Orleans.

I always assumed it was Boulder, Colorado. But I'm not American, so what do I know?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Wildly off topic, but we have a private water supply tjust like the one described above, hat's very peaty. Which means that filling a clear water bottle makes it look like I'm drinking watered down mud.

Which I am in a way, I suppose. I have been asked what kind of recovery drink it is. Tastes good. Especially with added whisky, which my inner chimp tells me is good for the soul.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    donrhummy wrote:

On GB I've shut a policeman up a couple of times by saying that I ride my bike under the Carriage Laws of this Country.
    The same as Horse Riding and Horse & carts.
    The recommendations in the Highway Code are not Law so p.i.ss off (wee wee indeed) and go back to the classroom.
    This might not work these days but will make them think and stop them being so superior in their little world.

Remember the Model T Ford was designed to fit the cart tracks or stage coaches.

Whiskey : No wonder you are all tranquillo on this thread.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Can I make a small case (arf) for Talisker? Epecially the 18 year old which has to be drunk to be believed

The distillery in Skye has to be on anyone's cycle-tour list.

As, mind you, has the 'World Museum of Whisky' in San Sebastian :!: , where I paid €20 for a large shot after cycling over the Jaizkibel on the Brompton.

Great stuff in every way 8)

Strava is not Zen.