What type of bike clothing are you wearing?

2»

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Cycling shorts (baggies with lycra lining).
    Cycling gloves.

Everything else is whatever comes first out of the drawer where I keep all my sports kit, but none of it is cycle-specific.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    nike 6.0's
    troy lee lopes pads
    troy lee moto shorts
    thermal base
    troy lee headline jersey
    661 ck1 gloves
    and if its pissing down i'll put on a goretex overcoat

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Buffalo S6 Shirt
    or Paramo windproof and l/s Helly Hansen baselayer (if I'm going faster or it's warmer)
    Lycra shorts
    Windproof Pearl Izumi gloves
    Sealskinz socks if it's wet
  • Base layer
    Commuting yellow waterproof jacket
    Tracksuit bottoms
    Army surplus goretex trousers if rain is really bad

Been comfy all winter. Jacket getting a bit warm now - got a lightweight thing I got for £25 last year that should do the trick.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    lycra shorts, knee warmers, waterproof 3/4s or shorts if dryer/warmer, long sleeve jersey, with base layer if needed. Most of my kit does double duty on the roadie and is on the xc side as a result
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Yesterday I wore - merino baselayer with a waterproof jacket, a buff, some shorts, regular full finger gloves, regular socks and my fiveten impacts.

I think I made a mistake.... I underestimated the amount of rain that had been falling as I trawled through a hub deep puddle :roll: - My shoes filled with ice cold water and I had to empty them rather quickly as the pain of the cold water was killing me :shock: I then got pelted with hail and actually let out a few audible aawwwoooooos coz of the stinging pain. Then to top it off, my hands went numb.

Tomorrow I'll be back to tights, sealskinz gloves and socks and I might just avoid the route with the ice cold swimming pool :D
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    On me commute this morning, it was college uniform :shock: and DC macaskills on me feet

Any other riding its whatever shorts and t shirt i can find, 661 veggie knees and shins, then either 661 comps or rajii's depending on how hot/cold it is, and of course the same old DC's lol
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    this mild spell we've been having

speedo banana hammocks
    blacks technicals shorts (zip offs)
    Tenn outdoors long sleeved base layer

altura nevis jacket if raining (which it hasn't been)

old pair of Salomon runners and trainer socks

helmet

bike
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    T-shirt
    Fleece
    A blue jacket if wet
    3/4 shorts
    Sealskinz socks + mtb gloves
    Lake mx140 boots.

This list has been my winter riding gear. Been out in the snow, recent rain and lovely crisp frosty days.
    Body warm, hands toasty and feet have been dry and warm too. If not already wearing blue jacket i pop it on when having a bite to eat mid ride.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • marinman1
    marinman1 Posts: 262
    my normal DH kit when riding, hoodie in bag for sitting about or pushing. or if its a more casual ride jeans and hoodie. if its wet i wear sealskinz and gloves, but if its dry just the same as i would for summer but i just MTFU and deal with it
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Today was fun, commuting in a blizzard, buses were diverted and I wouldn't have got my motorbike out of the driveway without crashing so I rode in on the mtb. So, my sealskinz with woolie boolies, my altura attack 3/4 waterproof shorts, then up top a mountain warehouse cheapo base layer with my lovely LIDL softshell fleece over that, and then my Altura attack waterproof top over all of that. And then a buff pulled over my face, and a wooly hat, and my helmet on top, oh and the fleecy earwarmer I made from a fleece buff. And the helmet of course, with the peak pulled down a little to help keep the snow out of my eyes. And THEN a hiviz vest over that.

Then the final touches... I ended up wearing my kyle strait kneepads :lol: Not particularily because I thought I might crash though it was definately on the cards, but because they keep my knees warm. And for gloves, the piece de resistance, a pair of winter motorbike gloves

http://www.metropolismotorcycles.com/im ... dETAIL.jpg

Don't just survive cold weather- punch it with your carbon fibre armoured fists :lol:

So all in all, I looked like a total fruitcake I imagine. Walked in the front door of the office, absolutely covered in snow, to a lot of bemused looks, someone said "He's wearing shorts!" so I shouted back "Yeah, it's spring after all!".
    Uncompromising extremist