Sram X0 questions and colour coding :)

ads4
ads4 Posts: 698
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
Gents,

I am going to upgrade my groupset to Sram X0 as I am such a tart and my bonus has a little bit more to it than expected....

Has anyone used the Fudgecyclestore? They have the gold nugget groupset at a very good price IMO - £549.95

102841_1.jpg

So, what are the differences in rear cage lengths and being given the choice why would i want either a short, medium or long rear mech?

I can't find a Sram X0 front derailleur so will an X9 do or will my SLX suffice?

Does anyone know of a company that supplies gear/brake cables in a gold colour?

Thanks in advance guys,

Ads.
Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    The SLX will be fine.

I think Goodridge make gold brake hoses
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looked in the FAQs about mech lengths?

but 3 rings long cage mech.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ads4
    OK, got htat now Nick, thanks :)

So is the SLX a better derailleur than the X9? Or should i go XTR is there isn't a n X0 alternative?

So Goodridge for brake/gear cables....thanks, I'll have a look. :)
    Adam.

• peter413
    i think the XTR equivelent is the sram xx stuff but thats about 90 quid for the front derailier
  • ads4
    So would the Sram XX front work with this X0 set up? Bonus due so money is there to be spent before the Mrs buys a new handbag... ;)
    Adam.

• pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    id stick with the slx as it will give better front shifting than any sram set up. i run the double specific slx front mech with my xo set up
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    How much!! :shock: :shock:

Does look good though

I'd stick with SLX at the front, you don't really notice a difference with front mech's, except for weight
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    "So is the SLX a better derailleur than the X9? Or should i go XTR is there isn't a n X0 alternative?"

You'll not notice the slightest difference. SLX is a good mech, tbh any old crap would do, it's a front mech ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    I've been running my SLX for ages and it's never missed a beat. Sometimes a bit slow to change down but instant on the way up. I don't go in the granny much anyways so I ain't bothered about the front mech. So long as it doesn't smash at the first rock it sees like my last one did :wink:
  • ads4
    I might have an opinion, but I'm not a gent so I wont bother :lol::wink:

Apologies, this question was not supposed to be gender specific, however misleading the introduction ;)

All opinions welcome, please :)
    Adam.