Society or Dirt Jumper 2?

drifter3
drifter3 Posts: 15
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,
I am thinking of buying some society xeno jump forks and am a little concerned because I managed to snap my revelations at the brace and dont want to be snapping these too.
I do street an trials riding so i do think they will be fine. i like the ajustability and looks they offer. but how about marzzochi dj2's? I'm just worried and want to be able to give them hammer without worring about breaking them.

The 2010 Dj2 is 235 stg CRC
The Society xeno is 170 stg CRC
There are also some older DJ2's available for 87!!! Should I be tempted? Wiggle

I was also wondering if fitting an 8 inch rotor on these forks would void warranty?

Cheers for any help.
Who else hates riding into a headwind... up a hill?

Any bikers in Co Longford?

Comments

• coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    the dj2 is a better fork and winstnley has the 09 version for 150 and the can take up to a 8 in rotor and it does not void the warrenty
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    coxy17 wrote:
    the dj2 is a better fork
    How so?
    I run a pair of sociey 4XR's and so far have found them flawless; i belive they're fairly similar to the DJ version too. I wouldn't worry about breaking them, they're built to be abused. Nice and adjustable, i especialy love the fact you can swap the axles between QR and 20mm, brilliant if you plan on changning your set-up at an point.
    However, the best advice i can give is to try them both, you may find you like one more than the other; it's all personal (i.e. i'm not a huge Zocchi fan :wink: )
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    coxy17 wrote:
    the dj2 is a better fork and winstnley has the 09 version for 150 and the can take up to a 8 in rotor and it does not void the warrenty

Not a *better* fork by any means, what you probably mean is that they are more 'down with the kids' - the society get great reviews and are much better priced.