No this didn't happen!

Fantastic Mr Fox
Fantastic Mr Fox Posts: 848
edited February 2010 in The Crudcatcher
<hr noshade size="1"><font color="purple"><center><i><b><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"> "Boggis and Bunce and Bean. One fat, one short, one lean. These horrible crooks. So different in looks. Were none the less equally mean."</font id="Times New Roman"></b></font id="size2"></i></center></font id="purple">

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I hope so
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Yeah it's real. Will Smith did it in Men in Black as well.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    that car is gorgeous, the ad is pretty good but on nicks link i was drawn to this video:

http://www.bu2z.com/video/desamorcer-mine.html

bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nicklouse
    press that and blow up!

understament of the year?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Defs didnt happen.
    My Bikes And Me
    A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:
    press that and blow up!

understament of the year?

haha, very much so, ive never seen anything like it!!
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:

who is the old cunt that is driving n that video?
  • Hmmm. i want my car to sound like that! never mind look like it.

I think it did happen, if it was made up why would they have needed entry and exit ramps? Didnt Top Gear do something similar with a Renault Twingo or something?
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    My 335d is far superior than that unreliable thing.

That is a bloody beautiful car, nice to see Mercedes going back to it's roots once again. I wouldn't have it in bright red though.
  • fletch8928 wrote:

I think it did happen, if it was made up why would they have needed entry and exit ramps? Didnt Top Gear do something similar with a Renault Twingo or something?

Because without the entry and exit ramps the car would have to jump from the road to the wall of the tunnel, which would look unrealistic.

And yeah top gear did do it, but it wasn't as clean as that. It jumped all over the place.
    <hr noshade size="1"><font color="purple"><center><i><b><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"> "Boggis and Bunce and Bean. One fat, one short, one lean. These horrible crooks. So different in looks. Were none the less equally mean."</font id="Times New Roman"></b></font id="size2"></i></center></font id="purple">
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    fletch8928 wrote:

Because without the entry and exit ramps the car would have to jump from the road to the wall of the tunnel, which would look unrealistic.

And yeah top gear did do it, but it wasn't as clean as that. It jumped all over the place.

Now im not going to start an arguement ... im not an expert nor am i clued up at all on physics etc but surely the Merc hit higher speeds and probally produces more down force sticking it to the wall/ceiling a bit better ? Didnt the top gear one make it but kind of jump off at the end ?
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • stevet1992 wrote:
    Now im not going to start an arguement ... im not an expert nor am i clued up at all on physics etc but surely the Merc hit higher speeds and probally produces more down force sticking it to the wall/ceiling a bit better ? Didnt the top gear one make it but kind of jump off at the end ?

I would have thought it was more centrifugal force keeping it to the roof, especially with the twingo in top gears one. Its not like that car has loads of wings etc to create downforce, its not like a gumpert.

Not only that, the way it turns before the firemen, that'd be far too dangerous to actually do.
  • nicklouse
    fletch8928 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJWbSldJEFs
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    stevet1992 wrote:

I would have thought it was more centrifugal force keeping it to the roof, especially with the twingo in top gears one. Its not like that car has loads of wings etc to create downforce, its not like a gumpert.

Not only that, the way it turns before the firemen, that'd be far too dangerous to actually do.

Thats the one ... Like swinging a bucket of water above your head ?
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders