The 3 Lions .. .

colintrav
colintrav Posts: 1,074
edited March 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Who knows what it means by the 3 lions ...

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Him
    |
    V
  • Bad AIDs?
  • colintrav
    Erm nope It's wasn't the answer I was looking for ...
  • It refers to the 3 crusades doesn't it?
  • Well it's a very generic term. Are you referring to the three lions on the coat of arms of England?
    This is my bike, there are many like it but this one is mine
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    Not Another Colintrav topic I thought these were banned
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Tiger Woods...Ashley Cole...John Terry.

OH, Sorry! I thought you said The 3 Liars!
  • colintrav
    It refers to the 3 crusades doesn't it?

Nope .....

I'll give you a clue the Norge , Dutch , Latvian , hungarian , Swedes , they all have something in common .. .with the 3 lions
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    familyplanning.jpg
  • colintrav wrote:
    I'll give you a clue the Norge , Dutch , Latvian , hungarian , Swedes , they all have something in common

Are they all equally annoyed by your ambiguous nonsense?
  • Briggo wrote:
    familyplanning.jpg

Random post?

But that sign is right next to me house.
    My Bikes And Me
    A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    n.battison wrote:
    Random post?

But that sign is right next to me house.

It fits well with the random sh*t that Colintard posts.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Schmako wrote:
    *HEAD ASPLODES*
    I like your literal phonetic spelling of explode. :D
  • I'm not sure I understand the question.

Do you want to know where they come from? If so, I was taught that it most likely comes from Richard the 1st. Something to do with him having a crest showing 2 lions, and the 3rd being added so symbolize the alliance between the English and the French.

Fact is, nobody actually knows for certain.

GCSE history. WOO, I knew it'd come in handy at some point.

Also, did you know that some people think they are not lions at all, but leopards, due to the way the French designers depicted lions and leopards in their drawings. (Lions being on their hind legs, leopards being on all 4).

Yeh, that's right, my knowledge knows no bounds.

Now who wants to know who REALLY killed JFK?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I'm taking that as a confession, and will be contacting the relevant authorities.

Your reign of terror is over Cat With No Tail, if that is your real name...
  • Andy
    Yeh, that's right, my knowledge knows no bounds.

Tell me why my socks go into the washing machine as a pair yet one of them is never seen again.
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601

t'was JFK from behind the grassy knoll, i know this cause it was on't telly, Red Dwarf
    Fancy a brew?
  • whyamihere wrote:
    I'm taking that as a confession, and will be contacting the relevant authorities.

Your reign of terror is over Cat With No Tail, if that is your real name...

Ok, you got me.

Carlos the Cat with no Tail.

Andy wrote:
    Tell me why my socks go into the washing machine as a pair yet one of them is never seen again.

It's obvious, Pant gremlins eat them, and that's a FACT!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm not sure I understand the question.

Do you want to know where they come from? If so, I was taught that it most likely comes from Richard the 1st. Something to do with him having a crest showing 2 lions, and the 3rd being added so symbolize the alliance between the English and the French.

Fact is, nobody actually knows for certain.

GCSE history. WOO, I knew it'd come in handy at some point.

Also, did you know that some people think they are not lions at all, but leopards, due to the way the French designers depicted lions and leopards in their drawings. (Lions being on their hind legs, leopards being on all 4).

Yeh, that's right, i read the wikipedia page before responding.

• Lol, Wiki answers are for webbos (not to mention they are usually incorrect), thanks for coming though.

GCSE FTW!
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805

Colintrav already knows, he did it! Who else but a trained assassin would know the colour of the boat house at Hereford……
    "I ride to eat"
  • I do, it's a lovely shade of peach, with a crisp white dado rail and some lace curtains (for privicy of course).
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I really dont want to get sucked into the alternate reality of colintravworld but for some reason I cant help myself with this one what is he wittering on about now
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • colintrav
    For all those who's minds have gone totally blank .. .well am surprised none of you actually got the answer consider in my earlier reply it was a dead give away ...

The 3 lions are infact the name of the outfit made up from British POW's that fought for Germany during ww2 ... [ Waffen SS ] the eqivalent of the French Foreign legion ..

Another piece of History lesson Frank Whittle may have been credited for the Jet engine discovery when it's ironic that Germany were the first to have Operational Jet fighters and Jet Bombers in Combat .. and the Gloster Meteor enter'd in the last months of the War ..
  • Andy
    Yeah but Uri Gellar can bend spoons with his MIND
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I'm glad I chose to smoke & eat burger king instead of paying attention in A-Level history if thats how bored I would have been. Oh what I would give for a mushroom double swiss right now (proper early 90's old school...)
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    colintrav wrote:
    For all those who's minds have gone totally blank .. .well am surprised none of you actually got the answer consider in my earlier reply it was a dead give away ...

The 3 lions are infact the name of the outfit made up from British POW's that fought for Germany during ww2 ... [ Waffen SS ] the eqivalent of the French Foreign legion ..

Another piece of History lesson Frank Whittle may have been credited for the Jet engine discovery when it's ironic that Germany were the first to have Operational Jet fighters and Jet Bombers in Combat .. and the Gloster Meteor enter'd in the last months of the War ..

well as 3 lions is a pretty generic term, you really should have mentioned that it was in relation to world war 2. 3 lions could mean anything from the english football to the britisches frei korps, whom i don't believe actually fought, IIRC they were set up for the purpose of propaganda under the name of the legion of st george.

as an aside, it's not all that interesting that nazi germany had operational fighter jets during WW2, the RAF also had an operational jet aircraft. again thats no real surprise considering that jet engine technology was in development in various european countries prior to WW1, the romainian engineer coanda being a notable example.
    Fancy a brew?
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    colintrav wrote:

Is there an emoticon show my brain slowly leaking out of my ear? :roll:

Did you know that sloths, as a rule, only come down from trees to urinate and defecate? They usually defecate in the same spot too, to deter predators. If it's raining, however, they will happily poop from the treetops, as the predators cannot hear them.

My point? I don't have one, much like many of Coltrolls posts.
  • Stav83 wrote:
    My point? I don't have one, much like ALL of Coltrolls posts.

Fixed