What shorts - i dont look too good in lycra..........

2»

Comments

• Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Yep your height - peewee :D
  • KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    Plus one for Endura Singletracks, they're clickfast compatible, have zipped vents, and can be drawn in so they don't flap about on the knees. Great for road, mTB and commuting. They also have a zipped pocket for keys and cake money.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I wear white bibs, but then again I am a big c0ck and massive quads...

Seriously mate, just wear what makes you comfy.

Fixed that for you. :lol::wink:
  • paulorg
    paulorg Posts: 168
    No one looks good in lycra, but go for it anyway, normal shorts and baggies ride up and IMO are uncomfortable when you pedal but lycra moves with the body, stays where its supposed to and is the best product for the job.

If you go for bibs as soon as the family see you they will tell you you look like Big Daddy or other suitable wrestler. Be careful about the sizing, I wear a large short but because of my height if I buy large bibs they don't stretch far enough and my plums get squashed.
    If you buy it, they will come...

...up to you and say, you didn't want to buy one of them!!!
  • fastbatard
    fastbatard Posts: 137
    These polaris shorts are well worth a go for a tenner, only available in XL or Small. I'm a 34-36 waist and XL fits perfect.
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/polaris- ... 41723.html[/url]
  • I must admit the first time I put my lycras on I was very nervous about wearing them as they didn't leave much to the imagination.

That all changed as soon as I rode with them for the first time. The comfort alone put all fears out the window. There's no question that they're the best choice over normal (loose) shorts.

I've also caught the ladies taking a sneak peak at my tackle when I'm off the bike pushing it 8)
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    Pushing the bike, or pushing your tackle?
    :roll:
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • Haha, on second reading I didn't word that to well.
  • lucan
    They'd have looked all the more if you'd been pulling it :shock:
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Don't forget, lycra is awesome when it's hot, it's reasonably thin, wicks sweat well, and keeps you cooler than when wearing baggies.
  • postman
    postman Posts: 120
    I am 60 and i set off with bib shorts underneath Altura baggy shorts .

Once pased shops where i normally purchase a few choc bars .Off with the baggies ,on with the riding .Cafe stop back on with the baggies .Set off off with the baggies .

Simple solution for me .
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    Just strut your stuff and be proud :wink: ...In black lycra anyway.

I've got a couple of cheap red specialized team bibs that I only use on the turbo though - google "embarassing polish cycling team picture". The one with the team in red shorts explains why I don't wear them in public :lol:
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • dizzydane
    dizzydane Posts: 322
    Boys, please note: when you try on your shorts, make sure you try them in the brightest light conditions possible and check yourself out as you bend over in a mirror...

There are too many men out there riding around in see-through cycling shorts! A sweaty butt crack is just not pretty.
  • postman wrote:
    I am 60 and i set off with bib shorts underneath Altura baggy shorts.

Once pased shops where i normally purchase a few choc bars .Off with the baggies ,on with the riding .Cafe stop back on with the baggies .Set off off with the baggies .

Simple solution for me .
    It sounds like someone stuffs chocolate bars down their shorts.

I'm guessing a tube of smarties is your preferred choice for the job? No melting involved.

:D
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    postman wrote:
    I am 60 and i set off with bib shorts underneath Altura baggy shorts.

Simple solution for me .
    It sounds like someone stuffs chocolate bars down their shorts.

I'm guessing a tube of smarties is your preferred choice for the job? No melting involved.

:D

M&M'S ...melt in your mouth..not in your bumcrack :lol:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • I've bought a pair of Altura Pro Gel Bib Shorts that are so comfy and I didn't look as stupid as I thought I would, will certainly be using them for any longer rides, however I was in Edinburgh Cycle Coop on Saturday and bought a pair of Revolution Baggies for the commute, they come with a separate padded boxer short which seems much better than the Altura Gravity baggies I had tried.
  • tom101
    tom101 Posts: 39
    I've only started cycling recently and my legs are too skinny for lycra shorts, (they end up being a bit baggy believe it or not) and I have knobbly knees, so I'm extremely grateful to Endura for inventing their baggy, below knee shorts with a padded lining, as I expect is the rest of the world who would otherwise have to see me in lycra.
  • cyclingmev
    cyclingmev Posts: 105
    oh my word....i LIKE the photo LDNTrailRider :lol:

i no like lycra either, got some quite pervy comments from various bloke type creatures...after which decided to wear me lycra under my lovely Endura 3/4 length shorts - ok, mainly for mountain bikeling, but they're dead comfy...and you don't get strange men (or in your case, strange laydeeees) letching over you...unless you want to encourage such behaviour........... :roll:
    i like bike
  • lucan
    One reaches the age where the thought of anyone letching over one is not to be sniffed at!

8)
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Me too; I'll take all the letching on offer!
  • CarleyB
    CarleyB Posts: 475
    Not sure i would like being letched over. Thats why my new lycras are still in the draw with the tags on and my faithful altura MTB baggies are being used to death..lol

Not that I am saying I am worthy of being letched over...but ... gah I'll shut up now.
    Level 3 Road & Time Trial Coach, Level 2 Track Coach.

Blackpool Clarion CC
    http://blackpoolclarion.webs.com/

Blackpool Youth Cycling Association
    http://www.go-ride-byca.org