OT: Last night I dreamt about....

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
This all could go badly wrong but here goes anyway.

It might come as a surprise to some of you but my first love is not in fact Guinness :shock:
It is coffee, I drink it by the bucket load, not just any coffee either oh no, you won't catch me drinking instant rubbish, it needs to be fresh strong ground coffee.

So back on topic, this morning I was woken by a dream I was having, in which I was somewhere in France and had just been served the perfect cup of coffee, it was so vivid I could smell and taste it when I woke :shock:

I really like coffee :lol:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    Looks like you and me are in a race to the bottom for thread with the least posts.

EDIT: Nope, just me being impatient.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    Last night I dreamt that I was back at school, just finished cricket, and someone had stolen the front wheel from my bike (the one I ride now). It was locked up in the bike sheds (no Freudian diagnosis please :roll: :) ).

I was running round with a cricket bat trying to find out who it was, but couldn't find anyone.

I really like coffee too :wink:
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    itboffin wrote:

It might come as a surprise to some of you but my first love is not in fact Guinness :shock:
    It is coffee, I drink it by the bucket load, not just any coffee either oh no, you won't catch me drinking instant rubbish, it needs to be fresh strong ground coffee.

So back on topic, this morning I was woken by a dream I was having, in which I was somewhere in France and had just been served the perfect cup of coffee, it was so vivid I could smell and taste it when I woke :shock:

I like coffee too. However if I don't have a cup of tea first thing in the morning then I am capable of killing someone :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I dreamt of coffee once and it kept me awake.

:oops:

sorry
  • itboffin wrote:

I could murder a Nescafe right now... powder of course
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited February 2010
    Last night I dreamt I was sleeping on a pillow. When I woke up this morning my head was all sticky from the giant marshmallow I went to bed with.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    itboffin wrote:

What a ridiculous dream! Everybody knows that the perfect coffee comes from italy. :roll:
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Porgy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

What a ridiculous dream! Everybody knows that the perfect coffee comes from italy. :roll:

fact. best coffee i ever had was in a cafe somewhere in a piazza in rome....near trastevere...

in fact...this was it....

image040q.th.jpg
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    I can't stand coffee. The smell of it makes me physically sick. When people sitting near me in the office are drinking it I retire to one of my edit suites (I have five desks and six computers I can use) and stay there until they finish.

I don't even like typing the word or looking at it. The formation of the letters makes me feel queasy tbh.

I hate it.
  • itboffin
    Porgy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I know French coffee FFS it's almost as bad as Turkish, I strong suspect they make it with cigarette ash.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Jamey wrote:
    I can't stand coffee. The smell of it makes me physically sick. When people sitting near me in the office are drinking it I retire to one of my edit suites (I have five desks and six computers I can use) and stay there until they finish.

I don't even like typing the word or looking at it. The formation of the letters makes me feel queasy tbh.

I hate it.

O K :roll:
  • NGale
    Still the best coffee for me is Tim Horton's coffee...I look forward to when my parents get back from Canada with a suitcase full of the stuff :shock:

Talking of weird dreams I did have a strange one in which Jake, ITB and DDD were in. Weird for the fact that I have never met ITB and DDD :shock: :shock:
  • cee wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

fact. best coffee i ever had was in a cafe somewhere in a piazza in rome....near trastevere...

in fact...this was it....

image040q.th.jpg

It's not coffee, it's got some white stuff in it!
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    I had truly bizarre dream last night, I went to a hospital as I had belly ache and after an examination the nurse presented me with my womb wrapped in tissue, she said there was nothing wrong with it, the doctor had just decided to remove it as a precaution.

I stood there with a perfect womb in my hands and demanded to see the doctor, I questioned him and he just played dumb so I went ballistic then woke up.

No idea what this means. :roll:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    moonio wrote:
    I had truly bizarre dream last night, I went to a hospital as I had belly ache and after an examination the nurse presented me with my womb wrapped in tissue, she said there was nothing wrong with it, the doctor had just decided to remove it as a precaution.

I stood there with a perfect womb in my hands and demanded to see the doctor, I questioned him and he just played dumb so I went ballistic then woke up.

You need a new bike 8)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    NGale wrote:
    Talking of weird dreams I did have a strange one in which Jake, ITB and DDD were in. Weird for the fact that I have never met ITB and DDD :shock: :shock:

The comments one could make to this............................ I'm going to restrain myself and pretend I'm a well-behave old lady :roll: :lol:
  • itboffin
    Cafewanda wrote:
    NGale wrote:

The comments one could make to this............................ I'm going to restrain myself and pretend I'm a well-behave old lady :roll: :lol:

Old? I'll have none of that talk, young lady :)
  • Cafewanda
    moonio wrote:

You need a new bike 8)

I concur. Harry is lonely 8)
  • itboffin
    moonio wrote:

You need a new bike 8)

I've just bought the parts for a new winter hack :D
  • Cafewanda
    Your ever-growing bike collection has it's own house, heat controlled and a mech on standby? :shock:

Please tell me Mrs ITB has a passion for something too (and I don't mean you!) :wink:
  • itboffin
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Your ever-growing bike collection has it's own house, heat controlled and a mech on standby? :shock:

Please tell me Mrs ITB has a passion for something too (and I don't mean you!) :wink:

White wine and handbags :lol:
  • Cafewanda
    Excellent :D:D

Hope she has suitable luxurious storage for said handbags as I'm guessing they are not the same 'high' quality as my Tesco/Sainsbury/M&S collection :)
  • itboffin
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Excellent :D:D

Hope she has suitable luxurious storage for said handbags as I'm guessing they are not the same 'high' quality as my Tesco/Sainsbury/M&S collection :)

The 4th bedroom is pretty much just shoes and handbags :shock:
  • Cafewanda
    Way to go Mrs ITB :D:D
  • itboffin
    Cafewanda wrote:

Have you ever used or heard the phrase "oh this! i've had this for ages"
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Have you ever used or heard the phrase "oh this! i've had this for ages"

ahhhhh a tried and tested line. Unfortutanly it's never worked with Jake....damn :(
  • Cafewanda
    That's a reall shame NGale. He's clearly unwilling to play the game :wink:
  • NGale
    Cafewanda wrote:
    That's a reall shame NGale. He's clearly unwilling to play the game :wink:

Na I think he's just developed a cynical nature after his ex wife :lol: His only consolation, I'm not spending his money, not yet anyway :wink:
  • Cafewanda
    Ssshh!! Don't say that in public!!! :wink: