newbie signing up

sixsmith
sixsmith Posts: 5
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
Hello, didn't see an introduce yourself thread so I thought I'd just do it. :D

Recently got a new job 10 miles from home so have decided to do the commute by bike. I do a fair bit of x country MTBing as it is, so I'll just be using that bike (Specialized Hardrock '10). Currently getting together some gear for the miserable mornings, lycra eek. :shock: Anyway, I think I'm almost there just need to get some lights sorted. The route is mainly an unlit A road with some of it being a dedicated cycle path. Cant wait actually, just need to find somewhere to store my suits at work.

So, hello again.

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    sixsmith wrote:

Recently got a new job 10 miles from home so have decided to do the commute by bike. I do a fair bit of x country MTBing as it is, so I'll just be using that bike (Specialized Hardrock '10). Currently getting together some gear for the miserable mornings, lycra eek. :shock: Anyway, I think I'm almost there just need to get some lights sorted. The route is mainly an unlit A road with some of it being a dedicated cycle path. Cant wait actually, just need to find somewhere to store my suits at work.

So, hello again.

Welcome fresh blood erm! noob erm! sixsmith, so tell me where is this commute of yours? and at what time? :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I'll be cycling to St Andrews, I haven't worked out how long it'll take me yet so I can't give you exact times yet. :wink:
  • Its a great sign, like the first shoots of spring, its the new cyclists joining the commuting world :D Welcome to the Commuting thread, expect to spend a worrying proportion of your life on here! Oh and sign of for SC Stats - http://www.startfarm.co.uk/aspStats/Default.aspx
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Might be sensible to invest in some (semi) slick tyres?
  • ince
    ince Posts: 289
    How do and welcome.

Ok guys how long before we see a which road bike thread? :twisted:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    ...... two weeks :)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    sixsmith wrote:

There's an idea. They have one of these on the TriTalk forum.

Howdy :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."