Just ordered a Bianchi Via Nirone 7

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited February 2010 in Road beginners
Went to my local dealer and had a 2009 model that needs rebuilding and bought it for £500 (comes with Sora, I know not the best but will be a huge difference with my old Trek 470 with Shimana RS100).
I am getting it on Cycle to WOrk scheme so the bike should cost around £295. Well happy with that as I can't really spend too much monthly due to family commitment. Now all i need is the weather to get better.
JC :D:D:D:D
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    Sounds like a great bargain - they are lovely to ride! Enjoy!
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    You'll love it... I have a 2009 in Celeste as my commute... When my colleages saw it, their first question was how many thousands did this one cost... I grinned and thought what i actually had paid!! Mine is a xenon mirage Campag mix.

Enjoy It Mate, good choice and a bargain to boot!
  • zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    I have a 2007 nirone c2c with "Sora", and as you say it is not the best, but for the money what do people expect. I've done a few thousand miles on it, and now use it for the odd winter ride or for a cummute or two to work.

Yes the shifters aren't great, but you will get use to the thumb lever. There are plent of good bikes about, and a few duff ones, but IMO you have made a good choice.

You can always upgrade components as they wear out? My Sora is still in good working order though after a fair amount of abuse!
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • Oh I am well happy with the choice, yes I could have gone silly and spend a few more hundreds to get a 105 setup. But for the price I feel i have done well, when you think that I paid ~100 for the Trek, plus I spend another £80/90 on fixing it.

I just can't wait now to get it and for the weather to get better because right now is now way I will go out with a brand new bike under the rain :oops: . The old Trek 470 will have to face the wet days...
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • JayD77
    JayD77 Posts: 11
    I have a 2009 Via Nirone 7 Veloce mix and absolutely love it. I paid considerably more than you when I bought it too! You're going to enjoy your new ride.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Love mine too (2009 in celeste).

Did change the saddle to a Charge Knife though, which has made trips a whole lot comfier compared to the supplied San Marco one.

Sounds like you've got a bargain there...enjoy!
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • Love mine too - 2009 in Black with Sora. People always ask how expensive it was....! I'm upgrading the components later this year as my sora is getting cranky now. It's such a joy to ride though, great first road bike.
  • Bought mine in June 2007, still going strong, only had to fit new brake pads last month, fitted with Sora Groupset - no problems at all :lol:

Was thinking of upgrading some componets this year, will wait untill all the gunk is off the roads first though.

Have had some people say its a beautiful looking bike (must look expensive or something ), Im very happy with it.
    Skinny Git on a Bianchi.
  • I did love the look when I saw it in the shop. My mind was to get a Scott first, but was not too happy with the reaction of the guy at the shop when I mentioned Cycle to WOrk scheme. It is when I decided to go the the Bianchi dealer, and it was worth it. Top of that the guy at the shop is a rider (i think that still compete) and really know his stuff. There was not bullsh@t from him.
    Just spoke to the wife and told her that the bike should "sleep" indoor, instead of the shed but she is not having it... (Women... he :lol: )

JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    lastant wrote:

Did change the saddle to a Charge Knife though, which has made trips a whole lot comfier compared to the supplied San Marco one.

I find that saddle really bad too. Gives me numb bits. Behind me bits... :shock: