RockShox Tora for Cube attention?

furby
furby Posts: 200
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
Im after some new forks for my cube attention as I am fed up of the suntours.

I have been trying to get a set second hand to get the best possible for my money. I have seen a number of sets of rebas and fox RL100 go on ebay just out of what I can realisticly afford.

I have just seen a pair of Rockshox Tora 318 U-Turn Suspension Fork, which have the adjustable travel lenght however I am worried that the max of 130mm would be too much for the frame.

Any advice would be great, thanks

Comments

• cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    It is a great fork, and you can wind the suspension down.

I can't offer advice on the frame though, ask cube the maximum length fork that can fit.

I ran a 135 on my last 100mm frame and loved it.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    I have read reports saying that the Tora's are as plush as the Reba's just heavier, surely this isnt true?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    i had a set of toras for over three years until i replaced them with a set of 2010 rockshox revelations, which are basically longer travel rebas. they are miles plusher than my toras ever were imo. the damping on the revs and rebas is better, the spring rate on air sprung is easily adjustable for different riders and they are just generally much better. im not saying the toras are bad, for budget fork they are pretty good, but try and stretch to rebas or fox's if you can
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    lawman

Did you have a 318?

I would say a coil Tora 318 is plusher than some air rebas and revs when bedded in.

The dampers are identical apart from floodgate adjust on motion control units.

Infact up until 2010, the QR Revelations used EXACTLY the same lowers as the Tora!!!
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    The Recon is a lighter Tora, Reba has slightly different internals
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    What is your budget for these forks?