lighter bike

DMRrider95
DMRrider95 Posts: 212
edited March 2010 in MTB buying advice
i have a dmr sidekick but it it is very heavy, im going to get lighter forks and wheels. http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=produc ... Name=Bikes
that is the current spec any suggestions on forks or wheels i was looking at either rockshox pikes or arglse as for wheels i have no idea
92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.

Comments

• the pikes are lighter
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    mavic 321 on SLX hubs. Mavic website says the 321 is good for light freeriding.

I have these wheels and they have never given me any problems.
  • how much will it cost
  • what about freedom disc rims, i looked at the complete wheel but it says quick release front and back i need 20mm boltthrough on the front and not sure about the back can any one tell from the picture on the website
  • DMRrider95
    i have decided halo freedom disc rims on hope pro 2 hubs as this should be much lighter and hopefully just as strong
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Factory Halo freedom wheelsets come on spin doctor hubs. The axles can be converted between 9mm Qr and 20mm on the front, and pretty much any axle required out back. The also sound lethal 8)
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    do you not think the frame is a bit heavy ?
  • DMRrider95
    yeah it is heavy and will need to go eventualy but i am doing the forks and wheels first. the forks because i hate them and are heavy.
  • DMRrider95
    almost got money for wheels and i think it will be the pikes