Is it just me....

greeny12
greeny12 Posts: 759
edited February 2010 in Pro race
...or does anyone else feel this is going to be a cracking season?

Things have hardly got underway and we've already got:

Team Sky as a major talking point inside and outside the peloton
The French teams looking like they'll be more competitive (at last!)
Contador laying down the gauntlet
EBH's almost limitless potential
The pro- and anti-Wiggins camps having a field day
Lance looming on the horizon
Boonen looking more like his old self
Colnago back in the top tier (ish)
And (whisper it quietly) a more 'level' looking playing field

All we need is a bit of decent weather!!
My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
http://ontherivet.ning.com/

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Not too be too much of a miserable bastage, but it's just like last year.

Except last year we thought the passport might be useful. Now we know it isn't.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
    The quality of the proper dirty classics depends on who's fit.

Boonen was the only super favourite who was actually fit for the cobbles.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I'm quietly looking forward to the classics. Cancellara should be back, Cavendish has mentioned Flanders and there are many riders in contention this time. It's hard to rate a whole season alongside another one - I suspect the Tour could be almost dull given Contador's dominance - but here's hoping this is a good year.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Here's hoping 2010 is the year of the Classics and the Giro.
  • There is alot to look forward to thats for sure.

And PTP starts this weekend. Wahoooooooo.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    The Classics should be good.Hoping to see Cancellara on the Flanders climbs as well as Paris Roubax,as he's sure to want to banish memories of last years poor classics showing.
    The Giro should be good,as ever.
    The Tour might be a bit of a one horse race (& no,I don't mean team sky) but there's a hell of a lot more to the season than the TDF.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Kléber wrote:
    I'm quietly looking forward to the classics. Cancellara should be back, Cavendish has mentioned Flanders and there are many riders in contention this time. It's hard to rate a whole season alongside another one - I suspect the Tour could be almost dull given Contador's dominance - but here's hoping this is a good year.

Cav has mentioned Flanders? What has he said? 'I'd like to win Flanders but I've got feck all chance until I lose a good half kilo off my teeth'?

Love him to death, but I'm not sure he'll be anywhere near for a couple of years yet.

(and yes, I want a cut when he big-rings it on the Bosberg and goes a bloc to the finish...)

Strava is not Zen.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    calvjones wrote:

Cav has mentioned Flanders? What has he said? 'I'd like to win Flanders but I've got feck all chance until I lose a good half kilo off my teeth'?

Love him to death, but I'm not sure he'll be anywhere near for a couple of years yet.

(and yes, I want a cut when he big-rings it on the Bosberg and goes a bloc to the finish...)

He's not saying he'll win it, just getting experience of it (but then he said that about MSR last year)

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/news/northern-classics-on-radar-for-cavendish_102545
    Twitter: @RichN95