How old are you?

Comments

• If it's of any consolation to those of a certain age, (late 30's to early/mid 40's), work through it and things should get better.

I, and others, have found that it's by then that muscle, tendon, back troubles etc etc start making themselves felt. This, along with feeling 'over the hill' makes for a misreable outlook. Well cheer up because it isn't necessarily so.

Bad backs and things can be sensibly controlled (had one for years) and by late 40's it should all pick up again. You lose a little speed and strength but not stamina. It's only now (72) that the slight downhill curve has really started, but it doesn't matter. There's even more satisfaction to be had in 'burning off' younger less fit riders up the hills, down the drops, on the flats -- well, you get the picture. Yahoo!
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    72.....that's impressive. There isn't even a category for you to vote in, which is very cool.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Been 36 for two weeks now. So far not a lot different to 35.
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • 20, almost makes a normal distribution as most things are. Anybody below the age of 17 if you are wise don't do maths or you will understand what I just said.

Student life poor? Student loan and working at holidays, loads of money just for bikes. Screw food or at least buy just loads of pasta and tuna, make homebrew, spend the rest on bikes and fixing them
  • 34 only been riding off road 12 month feel old some days but young when out on the bike :lol:
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • 47 OUCH !!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    37 & my dreams of becoming a pro cyclist are starting to slide :(

Thankfully got a couple of kids (5 & 3) who I can now live my dreams through :lol:
  • a very old 39

with the mental age of a 21 year old :)
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Interesting to see the graph actually and see that the majority of riders are actually older than I expected!

I was expecting to see the majority of them on here being under 25 years old however that's not the case where the mean lies in the 30-34 bracket with the majority of riders aged 30-49!

See Kids - Graphs are fun.

8)
    It's been a while...
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    46 cronologically. 12 mentally. :D
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    18, and looking forward to my peak.. :D
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    38, 39 in 17 days :/
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    39 with the big 40 in 3 months.

I had a real problem turning 30 for some reason but this time round I really couldn't care less. Been into sport my whole life but I really don't think I have ever been this aerobically fit...ever.
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    55 years old.........I think. Now what was the question?
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    23 but with the mental age of a 9 year old and i keep forgetting you cant do capital numbers on a computer :lol:

life is more fun with a childish attitude, you can laugh at farts and "your mum" is a valid reply to anything :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Craggle T
    Craggle T Posts: 18
    34 at the end of the month and have just started cycling again after a 10 year break.
    Oh yeah, hi im new here.
    Craig.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Just 46.

Going for a full health screen next month, hopefully they'll say I'm much younger!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Hercule Q wrote:
    life is more fun with a childish attitude, you can laugh at farts and "your mum" is a valid reply to anything :lol:

So is your face.

And that works both ways.
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    Now where did I leave my bike?
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    13, 14 in august. being young is best! i never want to get older than 25
  • 41 :roll:
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    14, 15 next month and loving every second of riding :D
  • dwill
    dwill Posts: 150
    hit the big 40 last september
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    45 this year.........
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    interesting stats.

the forum has become old.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    Age is just a state of mind Nick..............I get up to more mischief now than when I was 18 :lol:
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Bignige wrote:
    Age is just a state of mind Nick..............I get up to more mischief now than when I was 18 :lol:

see my reply on page one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown