How old are you?

Comments

• Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    gaz047 wrote:
    i'll be 33 next month, is it just me or does time go faster the older you get? :cry:

Were you the guy to who I pointed out their and they are? :P

... though yeah - it does seem to gegt faster, and you can not go back.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    jay12 wrote:

14 in 17days
    Christ, they allow you on here!? :shock:

When I were a lad, and all that :lol:

Everybody watch their language, we have a young'un amongst us ;)
    :lol:

these days all "yong'uns" swear so no big deal. i even heard little chavvy 10 year olds swearing :shock:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Bike2work wrote:
    47. Feeling old after reading this thread.
    But my BMI is less than half my age and I bet not many of you can match that !
    Will need some better weather and rides to feel younger again.

With a BMI of under 11 I think I'd be dead! :wink:

It's actually 19.4 though.....
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • boz64
    boz64 Posts: 81
    46!

I have a theory that most MTB'ers are younger than roadies. I'm a road cyclist too and i reckon the average age in my club must be mid 50s. Quite a a few 65+ and still going strong. Oldest active member is 75.

I read once that cycling keeps you young... better believe it! :lol:
    Liverpool Mercury CC
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    valy wrote- Were you the guy to who I pointed out their and they are?

... though yeah - it does seem to gegt faster, and you can not go back

:lol: yes i am!! to be fair to you i've not made that error since, so thanks and apologies if you were only trying to help.

back on topic though, since i started shift work and since we've had kids, it just seems to be going warp speed!
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • jay12 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

14 in 17days
    Christ, they allow you on here!? :shock:

When I were a lad, and all that :lol:

Everybody watch their language, we have a young'un amongst us ;)
    :lol:

these days all "yong'uns" swear so no big deal. i even heard little chavvy 10 year olds swearing :shock:
    Of course, when we were your age, we all spoke like the queen and neverheard swear words until we left home at 18...... :roll: ;)
    I'll never forget a lad in my primary school telling the headteacher in the middle of an assembly to "go f*** his dead mother as he clearly needs some form of relief" :lol: The worrying thing was that even at that age, I knew what he'd just said! :shock: :? :twisted:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • lee96
    lee96 Posts: 164
    im 14 just, with size 13 feet, 5 foot 11 and weigh 13 stone.
    is that normal? :?
  • It's quite normal to be just 14!
  • Normal is in the eye of the beholder lee
    For someone who is 6 feet 5 inches tall adult I'd imagine that's normal for 14...
    for an adult who is your size now with smaller feet i'd say it might not be normal just think how strong you'll be on a bike when you're the 6feet 5inch tall adult!
    Enough bikes to open a bike shop but always room for one more...
  • 5xcr
    5xcr Posts: 195
    47 and loving every minute of mbing.

5xcr :D
    12hr days 5 days a week riding to work and back and still the energy to ride 2 other days

oops that's the answer to a different question

I'm 36
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    20. 21 In june though! Party time!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    26, but my back says I'm 79.

I'm in agony!
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    gaz047 wrote:
    valy wrote- Were you the guy to who I pointed out their and they are?

... though yeah - it does seem to gegt faster, and you can not go back

:lol: yes i am!! to be fair to you i've not made that error since, so thanks and apologies if you were only trying to help.

back on topic though, since i started shift work and since we've had kids, it just seems to be going warp speed!
    Normally I would not really be bothered, I would just think "oh well"... but that time, it just got to me. :P The worst thing was that the thread kept popping up, when i thought it would just effing die.

As far as trying ot help or not - I just pointed it out I guess, and if now you are more aware of their cake and they are going to buy a cake, then good for you - and everyone who reads your posts! :D
  • 33....34 in July!!!
  • fitch28
    fitch28 Posts: 155
    friend of ours recently turned 65, went out and spent £800 of his retirement gift on a mountain bike. His sons think he's nuts :D
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    jus turned 29
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    28, 29 in July
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • bbug
    bbug Posts: 83
    Me 61. Got a Rockhopper disc 2008 on C-to-W which I don't cycle to work on. It's 25 miles each way for heavens sake. Having great fun on the trails and trail centres though. Did around 600 miles last year. Probably having a heart attack soon.

Where can I get a "Do Not Resuscitate" dog-tag? I only want to have to die once.

Lu
  • 34 and three quarters although, after Sundays ride, feel like 97....
  • it's bad when you have to work it out by ringing a school friend eh? turns out 28, though i'd thought 29.

saying that, the fact i can't walk past a steamed up mirror, frozen windscreen, sand pit, wet cement etc etc without stopping to draw a willy in it means i'm probably just a balding 10 year old :roll:
  • I'm now 41 - have only been riding again for about 3 months, had not done anything fitness wise for a good few years, so certainly felt my age when I first got back on my bike...but am now reaping the benifits of regular excercise...

Thats the good thing about cycling, age is no barrier, anyone of any age can be out and about on their wheels...
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • Ho hum
    Ho hum Posts: 236
    I am 39 and will turn 40 at the end of this year.

I am actually looking forward to hitting 40 as I have achieved most of the goals I set out when I was younger/

If I can get off the ciggies before the end of the year and stay off them then I will be a happy bunny!
  • spud-face wrote:
    saying that, the fact i can't walk past a steamed up mirror, frozen windscreen, sand pit, wet cement etc etc without stopping to draw a willy in it means i'm probably just a balding 10 year old :roll:
    I have the same affliction. feel compelled to do so :lol:
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    44, until July!
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    seanoevil wrote:
    I'm now 41 - have only been riding again for about 3 months, had not done anything fitness wise for a good few years, so certainly felt my age when I first got back on my bike...but am now reaping the benifits of regular excercise...

Thats the good thing about cycling, age is no barrier, anyone of any age can be out and about on their wheels...

Spot on

I did odd bits of cycling, then swimming after a health scare when I was 38.

Cycling is best, either on my roadie or MTB, I enjoy both.

Can't see me ever not being a cyclist, it'll be health issues that stop me, and that's in the hands of the guy(s) upstairs.....

I'm 44 now, healthier and lighter than I was 15 years ago, I intend to stay healthy, gives me more time to annoy people!
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • 26 in July.
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145

It's not as bad as it sounds.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW