Handlebars, Stem and Headset Advice.

ChilledBud
ChilledBud Posts: 114
edited February 2010 in MTB buying advice
I mostly do XC around the Welsh trails, and for the time being using her for some road miles for getting into work,

My frame swap has been delayed as the LBS couldn't find the time this weekend, so I might buy some new headset, handlebar and stem as I'm running the pretty much bog standard FSA jobbies at the moment.

I'm looking at some bargains if they can be found, the like of Merlin, Wiggle etc seem to have a load of stuff at 50% off these days, I'm not overly fussed if it's a 09 model with the '10 arriving soon and I'm not OCD about the weight either.

I've seen the Cane Creek S8 headset for £35, and the FSA Orbit Xtreme Pro Headset for £25, both around +50% off RRP for headsets.

I've not started looking at the rest yet, but since there's a load of MTB here with pretty good knowledge I though some guidance could be had! Handlebar wise I was thinking 660mm as I do a fair bit of uphill riding, and stem wise 90mm seems a decent compromise?

There's going on a Malt 4 swapping onto a Cove Handjob, the Deore stuff will have to stay as the Mrs would find a ditch for me otherwise.

Comments

• you can get some excellent bargain on the ebay i purchased a raceface evolve xc stem £10 rrp £45 ritchey wcs riser bars wet white £12 rrp£54 seriously check the bay out first just check on condition before bidding