Amstel Gold; visiting

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited February 2010 in Pro race
I'm off to Amstel Gold with the missus this year, first time I have been (we are tying it in with a cheapo general visit to Holland for a few days) but I read to avoid the Cauberg if you are with a lady... I was quite surprised to hear that as I thought it'd be fine despite the mayhem??!!
Anyway, if anyone has any tips for viewing, best place to go etc. (with lady in mind-ish) I'd be very grateful to hear your advice.
Cheers

Comments

• I went a few years ago to the Cauberg with two women :D , don't think you'll have any problems, didn't think it was that bad. It's also quite easy to go to the start in Maastricht and then jump onto the train to Valkenburgto see them on the Cauberg (that's if it still starts in Maastricht...) just follow all the other spectators!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Maastricht is known in Holland as having a bit of a South European 'joie de vivre' atmosphere, mostly with an appreciation for fashion and food. All relative to the rest of the country of course, but it should make for some fine shopping and dining. Don't have any concrete recommendations I'm afraid - I'm not from those parts of the country. Valkenburg on the other hand is a bit of a tacky, mediocre tourist trap town.