Anyone fancy showing me round the Quantocks this weekend?

mikebert4
mikebert4 Posts: 93
edited February 2010 in MTB rides
I've been in Taunton for about 2 months, and Yesterday I finally managed to ship my bike down. I really don't know the area too well and I've not ridden for a while so I was hoping I could purloin kind soul or souls for a wee jaunt out into the Quantocks.

I'm free this coming weekend (20,21st Feb) - might even be joined by my flatmate. If anyone happens to be out and about I'd love to meet a local or two that can show me/us the places to ride :)

Many thanks!
M
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."

Comments

• sharki
    sharki Posts: 14
    Hi mike.

Too late for this weekend, though i couldn't of helped any way.

Most of my guided rides are via the STW forum as there's quite alot of locals on there.

Mail me on mtbsharki@yahoo.co.uk, and i' maybe able to help another time...

Right now there's snow cover on the top of the Q's so access to the great bits aren't easy.

I've been riding up there now for around 6 years, most of what i know i found by just good old exploration..getting lost and learning the hills..It's great fun, a mental challenge and you'll meet other riders whilst out there......You could even try using a map up there, which can help get you unlost.....enjoy and i'll see you around, i ride alternate weekends and will several evening during the week.