xt shifters from merlin

dimmockg
dimmockg Posts: 471
edited February 2010 in MTB buying advice
built up some paypal funds and thinking of taking the plunge to get xt shifters from merlin to get 10% off. Debating whether or not to get with cables, has anybody made a purchase and opted for cables? If so whats included? Inner or inner and outer?

cheers

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Would guess inner only, best to contact Merlin to be sure if no-one here knows for sure.

Fresh cables are always good.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • dimmockg
    i had a feeling inner only as well, i would contact but 10% ends at midnight, left it late as usual! :?

if inner only, how likely do you think the cable will come pre-fitted?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as are spares.

If they are aftermarket they should come with inners only.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jpstar
    jpstar Posts: 561
    probably very likely, bought some SRAM shifters, they came with the cables put in already.
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I got some xt shifters from merlin, i specified no cables but they came with inner cables fitted anyway...always ggod to have spares though :)
  • Inners only and fitted, VERY easy to change.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Give them a call on 01772432431 and ask before you order. I have just been speaking to them and they were very helpful.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I just bought some XT shifters. Looked at Merlin but www.ribble.co.uk were marginally cheaper. I believe that ribble have £10 off orders over £100 at the moment to, but I think it runs out today? Available for £62.69 at the moment (a good 26p cheaper!). Delivery is free over £50.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/mtb-bm ... 0000000000

The pack came with shifters and inner cable. Outer cable was not included.

Have been very impressed with the upgrade overall - they made much more of a difference than I was expecting (I was only buying them as you can remove the indicators and it would solve some positioning issues on my cockpit...)!

I've used Ribble a couple of times and, whilst they're not quite as speedy as CRC they seem ok.

James
  • dimmockg
    thanks for all the answers/feedback, took the plunge just before midnight last night and ordered from Merlin - 10% off their £62.95 price.

Order has been despatched so could have them as soon as tomorrow, all will be revealed if they come with cables or not!

cheers all